Best coffee you ever had?

Options
orangegato
orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
This morning I ground Jamaican Blue Mountain beans and made French press coffee. OMG. It's the best *kitten* coffee I have ever had. I am drinking it black b/c it actually tastes so good to me. Sofa king good. Now I definitely want to try other kinds of coffee beans. This could turn me into a complete coffee snob.....

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I usually drink Kahlua coffee, but every now and then I go to the Shades of Green hotel in Orlando and whatever coffee they brew I have like 3 cups of. It's delicious. I'll ask what it is when I'm there later this month. Watch it turn out to be folgers.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    There's an awesome coffee shop in Phoenix called Lux...they roast and grind the BEST coffee. Every time I'm in Phx, I gotta get my fix <3
  • ClovisMan
    ClovisMan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Best coffee I ever had was in Iowa, years ago.

I'm from South Texas, so I had some learning to do.

It was about 10 or 20 below zero, and I had a short trip to make. No problem, the car has a heater, so I didn't even take a jacket. Got stuck, and had to walk back to the house, perhaps two blocks, in a t-shirt and jeans!

Got a cup of coffee to warm up, and that's the best coffee I ever had!

Not exactly what you were looking for, but...
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Black Blood of the Earth. Coffee you can drink cold and in a shot glass. :D

It's smooth and has as much caffeine in a shot as a regular cup of coffee.

Deathwish BBotE is probably my favorite.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Best coffee I ever had was in New Zealand. Have no idea what sort of bean it was but damn those Kiwis sure do know how to make a flat white.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I use a french press at home and grind my beans every day. I don't really get coffee out except for DD every once in a while, so can't compare. Since getting a French Press I have to admit I turn my nose up at Keurig coffee and reg coffee makers.

What kind of beans?
  • emdeesea
    Options
    I'm something of a coffee snob myself. I like to play around with different types of roasts and beans, but one thing I make certain is that my beans are 100% Arabica and as freshly roasted as possible. A while ago, I had been buying green beans from Sweet Maria's and doing home roasting, but the kitchen isn't very big and the set up I have makes a lot of noise and smells so I haven't done that for a while. Anyway, if you want the best flavor, make sure your beans are Arabica, especially if you're using a French press.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Best coffee I ever had was in New Zealand. Have no idea what sort of bean it was but damn those Kiwis sure do know how to make a flat white.

Plenty of bad coffee made here, pure luck.
    I have an espresso machine as then I'm guaranteed an unburnt coffee. I also drink decaf which tastes just the same.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The best coffee I've ever had was today after it arrived from Amazon:

z2ifyvla8188.jpg

• emdeesea
    Options

I have an espresso machine as then I'm guaranteed an unburnt coffee. I also drink decaf which tastes just the same.

Oh yeah, I'm sure. It was the cafe I was at. It always helps if the barista knows how to actually USE the espresso maker the right way lol
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats Montana Coffee Traders fresh ground beans in a French press.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, I'm sure. It was the cafe I was at. It always helps if the barista knows how to actually USE the espresso maker the right way lol

Also helps if they clean it regularly too.
  • slbf42
    slbf42 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I use a dark roast blend in my espresso machine at home, always buying whole beans and grinding as needed. Buying coffee to go is an absolute crap shoot, even in Melbourne where I live which is renowned for its good coffee. All down to the roast and the skill of the barista.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Some of the best coffee I have ever had is in New Orleans. One place is Cafe Du Monde in the French Market where they serve Beignets.

I like a medium to dark roast. I buy some coffee from The Fresh Market and I like flavored coffee blends, I can drink these black. Several blends they have are Toasted Coconut, Dark French Roast, New Orleans Summer Blend, etc. They also sell Intelligentsia blends which I like their House Blend.

eta: and for some reason, I really like Dunkin Donuts Coffee too.

I am a coffee snob.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Kona peaberry coffee in Honolulu was pretty good.
  • Yoyoghurt
    Yoyoghurt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Of all places - from a coffee cart at Sydney Kingsford Smith airport, it was sometime during 1999 or 2000. Magic! Source of beans unknown.
    At home I use a Bialetti moka express on the stove and a Breville milk cafe frother.
    Works just fine with the Aldi organic ground coffee.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I love Kenyan AA, Costa Rican, and Sumatra coffees...I get these from a local coffee shop - fresh roasted and whole bean.

If I have to buy mass-packaged grocery-store bought coffee (whole bean or ground), Peet's Coffee is hard to beat.

vhzoo4ukwvak.png
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Dutch Bro's 911 is my go to for coffee.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I use a french press at home and grind my beans every day. I don't really get coffee out except for DD every once in a while, so can't compare. Since getting a French Press I have to admit I turn my nose up at Keurig coffee and reg coffee makers.

I have considered buying a French press, what makes it better than making in a keurig? I'm not good at brewing coffee, hence the keurig.
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Diner coffee...preferably in Vermont in the Fall while wearing flannel...