42 and overweight

Options
Hi, I'm 42 male and overweight. Goal is to lose 6kg in 12 weeks. The overall vision is to be healthy by reg exercise and healthy diet.
First steps are to do a exercise circuit for 30 mins 3 times a week and lose the sugar and eat veges everyday.
I thinking focussing on the small steps everyday is the way to go.
Hoping for some community and accountability!

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    Weight loss comes down to eating less than you burn. So the sugar and veggie goals are fine but really have nothing to do with weight loss.
    Set mfp for 1 lb a week stick to goal calories. Measure and weigh things and log before you eat.
  • Yoyoghurt
    Yoyoghurt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I support amtyrell's good advice 100%. I would add read any nutrition labels on food before buying.
    I have added onto my kg goal... 'and keep it off for 2 years' as I've just rejoined MFP as I am a few kgs heavier after stopping the logging and weighing. I have learned my lesson now and have about 3.5 kg to lose and then maintain the loss.
    The exercise and healthier diet will make you feel and look better and be healthier. Which is all good. But the weight loss is as amtyrell says eating less than you burn.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Tracking your food is so helpful, Log everything accurately you can do this!! All the best!! Feel free to add me :)
  • umass2
    umass2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks really appreciate the comments. I will focus on measuring and logging the calories and update this post.