Returning Australian member needs some support

Options
Hi there everyone, SkimFlatWhite returning for duty, with an updated name. I am back!

I joined MFP in about 2013 and lost about 30-40kg or so... then left MFP about 18 months ago. I'm embarrassed to admit that I have gained 25kg and am fat AGAIN. OMG, story of my life. I need to get my self esteem and my body back. I would like to have some like minded MFP friends who can support me through this new stage of my life. I need to kick my sugar addiction. I'd appreciate if anyone wants to help me along the way and vice versa :smile:

I am 49, female, menopausal, Australian, work full time. I'm going to be following a LCHF/Keto diet as this is the only thing that works for me to reduce my sugar cravings and food addictions.

Ideally I would like to lose 20kg in the next week (haha)... No, seriously, I'd like to lose a kilo a week and really would like some friends, so please send me a friend request if you are in a similar position or have been there. It's SPRING here now and I just don't want to have another fat summer hiding behind long pants and sleeves when I should be in a swimming cosie and shorts.

I also LOVE lifting weights, but haven't been doing that for a while either. Well, actually I did a gym workout yesterday and can barely walk today but I love that feeling. Hopefully it wont take long to get back into a routine.

I'm pumped and ready to go. Starting today I'm looking at cleaning up my diet.

It's good to be back.
from Skim

Replies

• laptif2k14
    laptif2k14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting the sugar free way of life today. I am addicted to sugar and very nervous. But have thrown out everything in the home that has sugar that I know of. If you are doing this. You must look at ALL labels on everyething. And don't do as I did, wait until we have used everything up. It just wont work that way. THrow it out, or give to a neighbor. Watch your fruits. Just temporarily. Here's a secret. Buy truvia. I never believe in (other labels) but this has natural sugars that will not be absorbed so quickly in your blood stream. If you must have sugar just use this. It doesn't take much in your ingredients. But honestly, I am a firm believer that all foods should be just as we were raised and listed as their normal name. So just use this no more than 6 months. Research says its safe. I don't believe it. So use it to curb your sugar addiction. Buy single item foods. Nothing, boxed, or bagged. Lets do this together. We can do this. I want to lose 10 pounds in one month. I think I can. I weight 203 right now and am 5'9"yikes
  • EllaGmember
    EllaGmember Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree, I'm in Aussie as well and looking forward to my first summer where I can wear shorts and actually go swimming instead of covering up and watching everyone swim. I'm starting again as well. You can do it :smile: I'm a first time poster/commenter. This community thing is quite motivating!
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm off sugar in all forms including fruit. Mostly eating green veggies, protein and fat. Had a cabbage stir fry with pine nuts for dinner, it was great. The thing is I love good fresh food, I know what to do, I've done it all before many times, it's just my addiction gets in the way.
    No more. I've really had enough.
  • ReneelovesD
    ReneelovesD Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love it! Like seeing Aussies here! Please add me ❤️
  • LCHFAussie
    LCHFAussie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good work Skim! LCHF is the best/easiest diet to follow that doesn't leave you starving.
    I did LCHF for a few months last year before falling pregnant. I smashed the carbs whilst preggers and put on 25kg. Bub arrived and I'd lost 9kg by the time I got home from hospital and then worked my way onto LCHF over the course of 4 weeks before becoming strict (less than 20 carbs a day). I have since lost another 11kg in 11 weeks so only 5kg to go now. In the past it has been hard for me to lose weight so it hasn't been easy. Some days I could easily smash 4 pieces of bread or some biscuits (my husband loves his biscuits, that's why they're in the house) but I simply don't. Will power and motivation are key.
    Btw, I love a flat white but start my day with a coffee with double cream (80-100ml). Only 2.8 carbs per 100ml in the Coles brand. Too much sugar in milk. Any other coffee I have during the day is a long black. Took me a bit to get used to when I first did LCHF but now I love it!
    If you're missing bread, The Protein Co 6 Australian Seeds mix is amazing! So easy to bake and you only need 2 slices to be satisfied. It just hits the spot when you really want some bread.
    Good luck with your LCHF journey. You will smash it!
  • ReneelovesD
    ReneelovesD Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LCHFAussie wrote: »
    Good work Skim! LCHF is the best/easiest diet to follow that doesn't leave you starving.
    I did LCHF for a few months last year before falling pregnant. I smashed the carbs whilst preggers and put on 25kg. Bub arrived and I'd lost 9kg by the time I got home from hospital and then worked my way onto LCHF over the course of 4 weeks before becoming strict (less than 20 carbs a day). I have since lost another 11kg in 11 weeks so only 5kg to go now. In the past it has been hard for me to lose weight so it hasn't been easy. Some days I could easily smash 4 pieces of bread or some biscuits (my husband loves his biscuits, that's why they're in the house) but I simply don't. Will power and motivation are key.
    Btw, I love a flat white but start my day with a coffee with double cream (80-100ml). Only 2.8 carbs per 100ml in the Coles brand. Too much sugar in milk. Any other coffee I have during the day is a long black. Took me a bit to get used to when I first did LCHF but now I love it!
    If you're missing bread, The Protein Co 6 Australian Seeds mix is amazing! So easy to bake and you only need 2 slices to be satisfied. It just hits the spot when you really want some bread.
    Good luck with your LCHF journey. You will smash it!

My husband had fantastic success regularly with LCHF and it's what he uses to make weight for comp days. Both of us are constantly switching up our eating plans...keeping our bodies on their toes
  • guycrichton2012
    Options
    Hi there I'm also from Aus and just looking to get my motivation back also I've started with my food dairy and lost 3 kilos already which is positive I just need to get motivated to get back in the gym. Feel free too add me and see if we can throw some support each other's way