A senior not feeling senior!

Options
I'm not new to this MFP but have not been active for a few years. Age and pounds...how they creep up on you! This is a great motivational way to stay the course and keep active. So many of you are an inspiration! Yeah to all! I'm 60 ish....but not feeling like it! Trying to just stay active and healthy at this age!

Replies

• carolinafina
    carolinafina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 70's and don't feel like a senior either but it is harder to get weight down. I need to lose about 15 to 20lbs more. I stayed off of breads and starchy carbs for the first 2 or 3 weeks and lost some but I practically have to starve to lose. I'm walking hard most days but not much is happening now. I'm craving carbs again! Help! I like the 40-30-30 diet which is the Zone Diet. The fat flush diet does work if you can stay off of starchy carbs and bread.
  • Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • zoeymd
    zoeymd Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi TNKDD.....I too am 60'sh and don't mentally feel it but my body does! I used to be active but find myself turning to wine and then sweets as my main activity these days! So I've put on about 15 pounds over the last few years....it's time to get back on track and I'm with you
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You are only as old as you feel. My neighbor is 73 and cuts, bales, and bucks his own hay on 20 acres. Everyone needs to find their own motivation for living a happy healthy life. I want to live my life so when the time comes I won't be saying I wish I would've done..... I want to say man remember when we did...... best of luck and feel free to add me!
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Age is a just a number. I am turning 64 this month. I feel and look better than I did 10 years ago. Actives and exercise is the key. As for weight loss, it's just math. Create a calorie deficit and the weight comes off. Feel free to add me
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 years old. But I been hitting the gym for about 5 months now. Loving it
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    ssluas8muinx.jpg
    Loving the gym