Diary of a lazy low carb cook

Options
andreahenley
andreahenley Posts: 15 Member
Tried making keto bread and i fudged it. (Didn't whip the egg whites enough) AND I forgot to pick up lettuce at the store. So I had bacon, tomato, and mayonase on a crumbly mess of what was supposed to be bread. Not asthetic. 7/10 pretty decent eats...

Replies

• andreahenley
    Options
    As soon as I see a recipe that calls for the whipping of egg white to stiff peaks I'am out.

Yes I think that's my new policy as well. I'll just wrap stuff in lettuce instead.
  • andreahenley
    Options
    That sounds mega delicious. I don't know that could eat 4 eggs though
  • vickimckie
    vickimckie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Andreahenley - what kind of diet are you on? If you are only low carb, then you should be able to eat eggs, unless there is a medical reason you can't have them. I believe Paleo diets allow whole eggs. What diet plan are you following?
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Check out low carb wraps.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    As soon as I see a recipe that calls for the whipping of egg white to stiff peaks I'am out.

Get yourself an electric whisk! Takes no time at all :)
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    That sounds mega delicious. I don't know that could eat 4 eggs though

I eat 4 eggs every day. 5 every once in a while. Actually last week I had some major malabsorption issues, so there were maybe 2 or 3 days that I ate 7 to make sure I had enough protein and fat. :D
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/the-keto-bread I just made this and it was surprisingly good, had a tomato sandwich for the first time in a long time. They are more the size of an English muffin than a slice of bread if you make 8 of them.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    4 eggs!!! I can barely handle 1.. this morning.. BP coffee and one boiled egg. Snack.. 1 egg.. lunch.. grabbed a rotisserie from Walmart and weighed out 4oz of boob meat.. mmmm boobs. I'm a lazy cook too.