Sober September 2017

Options

Replies

• PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I don't do well on moderation. Wine is definitely a trigger drink. I can have 1.5 oz scotch a night no sweat. But miss the wine. Made it through last night with 2 diet cokes.

Tomorrow night at a big group party a friend asked me to be a "wine stewardess" and serve wine. Really?? I said yes and now that challenge has gotten a lot bigger. Club soda and lime might help....

Give yourself some credit. You are aware of where you need to improve! Awareness is a HUGE step no matter where you end up on the spectrum. You are making so many positive choices on a daily basis!

As for the party....just because you are serving others...doesn't mean you have to drink. Pour some cranberry juice or apple juice in your glass. Nobody will know the difference! :)
  • BrianAWeber
    BrianAWeber Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go! I'm going to miss my micro-brews but they are heavy on the calories anyways.
  • DarrenD54
    DarrenD54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awsome to hear everyone and what your all doing. I have been Sober Alcohol free since February of 2012! Life is so much better today my worst day sober is way better than my best day of drinking hands down!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Yeah, haha, my "Sober September" starts today!
  • dmsplath
    dmsplath Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Will really help with weight loss I think
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    Okay so I limited myself to just football Saturdays, but going running 7 miles yesterday and then I started drinking lead me to about I don't even know 4-5 hours of doing stuff I don't even remember and THATS NOT OKAY!! So I'm done, it's a must. I didn't sleep well, I'm embarrassed about who knows what I said or did, that I wasn't present for who knows how long. I feel out of it today and I'm just glad this thread is going because telling you all makes the decision to stop comforting. I work too hard on my fitness and enjoy life too much to do this crap again.

I am glad you are here!

• anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Had a planned drinking night last night. What I've noticed is that since I've cut back considerably (averaging about once every two weeks), I don't drink as much when I do drink. So yay for that!
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    Okay so I limited myself to just football Saturdays, but going running 7 miles yesterday and then I started drinking lead me to about I don't even know 4-5 hours of doing stuff I don't even remember and THATS NOT OKAY!! So I'm done, it's a must. I didn't sleep well, I'm embarrassed about who knows what I said or did, that I wasn't present for who knows how long. I feel out of it today and I'm just glad this thread is going because telling you all makes the decision to stop comforting. I work too hard on my fitness and enjoy life too much to do this crap again.

I am glad you are here!

Thank you, I am too! I think most of us will find that this board was made at a really good time.

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I am in a "no booze on school nights" group if anyone wants to join....we could really use more people!! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109418-no-booze-on-school-nights
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    dmsplath wrote: »
    I'm in! Will really help with weight loss I think
    Agree! I seem to hit my calorie goals much more easily when I'm not drinking or having just one.

• PurpleLavender77
    Options
    Went to my friends house tonight. She offered me wine. I had water instead :)
  • PamelaD88
    PamelaD88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in! September and October are crazy at work, and instead of going to alcohol, I'm going to try to work out instead.

Also- looking for friends on here to help keep me accountable. Feel free to add me :)
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Way too many margaritas last night. That's all I'm saying. But I had a great time with my wife on a sunny summer Sunday.
  • DCRunnerGirl78
    DCRunnerGirl78 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I'd like to give it try! It's become too much of a habit for me over the last year. My birthday is on the 11th, so I'm sure I'll have a beer or two that night, then maybe again when we do our birthday bash for my son, daughter, and myself towards the end of the month (September is b-day month for us!), but I'll push myself as hard as I can. Anyone, please feel free to send me a friend request for accountability.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    I am in a "no booze on school nights" group if anyone wants to join....we could really use more people!! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109418-no-booze-on-school-nights

That sounds like my long term plan! Thanks for the link.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Checking on Day 4! Ironically, the scale has gone up. That will change, I know.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm officially starting today. We'll see how it goes.