Walking on a empty stomach before breakfast?

Options
Somebody at the gym told me that if I go for a 30-60 minute walk before breakfast you can lose a lot of weight.

The reason why they said that walking before breakfast is good for losing weight is because after a long fast after sleeping your body only relies on stored fat as source of energy and doing cardio before breakfast can also boost your metabolism.

Is this true please reply

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    lol no
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,132 Member
    Options
    No. Weight loss is only about eating fewer calories than your body uses. Doesn't matter when you eat them, when you exercise or even IF you exercise.

With that said, many find that exercise is easier in the morning before life starts throwing them off course - and it's generally easier for most of us if we exercise with very little in the stomach. So it makes sense that people exercise in the morning before breakfast.

Carry on. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Woo, just woo. There's a lot of money to be gained from keeping people confused. But nutrition and weight management are not exempt from logic and common sense.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to that "somebody"!

They are comically wrong on so many levels.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You can walk before or after breakfast in the morning, or any time of the day for that matter. Do whatever works for you. Time of day and whether you've eaten first will make absolutely no difference for weight loss. Eat fewer calories than you burn, and you'll lose weight.
  • vhira1985
    vhira1985 Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You can walk before or after breakfast in the morning, or any time of the day for that matter. Do whatever works for you. Time of day and whether you've eaten first will make absolutely no difference for weight loss. Eat fewer calories than you burn, and you'll lose weight.

I am eating fewer calories but I'm looking for an effective training method to use in conjunction with my healthy diet

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    vhira1985 wrote: »

I am eating fewer calories but I'm looking for an effective training method to use in conjunction with my healthy diet

As you've been told, Makes zero difference. Burn more thn you eat. Simple as that, Stop trying to complicate it. Whatever you can stick to to keep in defecit, Whatever you eat/ Timing of eating.....Exercise/no exercise. The only thing that leads to weight loss is eating less thn you use up. The rest are just variables and theres no way to cheat the system or jump start anything. Trust the math, Do what works for you, And dont try to seek out shortcuts or cheats they just dont exist.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    vhira1985 wrote: »

Fitness goals?
    Capabilities?
    Restrictions?

That's what will determine your effective training methods.

Enjoyment and commitment are what will make it sustainable.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,132 Member
    Options
    Here, Anvilhead posted this in another thread:

http://weightology.net/fasted-cardio-an-undeserved-good-reputation/
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    LOL. NO!!!!!!!