Is this true?

2»

Replies

• microwhisper
    microwhisper Posts: 84 Member
    A weight loss of 25lbs is my goal

Well based on this and on your photo, in which you look like you're a healthy weight.... I'm going to go ahead and say that your PT is being a drama queen.
    I don't know exactly what and how much you are eating which he considers "not clean" but at the end of the day it's your decision what you eat and how you train. Maybe it does mean slower results, but it's not really his place to guilt you over it when you are still happy and dedicated to your workouts.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    rmgnow wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if this held to be true. I had a set back this weekend with eating and I had a trainer tell me the more I eat bad the more I am wasting my time by training so I should just sleep in since I train in the mornings...I know nutrition has a lot to do with weight loss, but what are your opinions on this comment?

If "eat bad" means going 3000 cals over your daily allowance. He's right.
    Giving you facts. Not mean

Lol 3000 calories that's a bit much, "eating bad" = bad food choices (junk food over clean eating).

First, I would ditch the trainer. He's giving you rubbish advice and trying to shame you for your food choices.
    Second, I would ditch the food labels. Eating bad? Junk food vs clean eating? What does that even mean? It's all just food. All of it provides some benefit and while some foods are more nutrient dense and others are more calorie dense, they can all fit within the context of an overall healthy diet.
    Third, I would make sure your calorie target is appropriate for your goals - with less than 25 lbs to lose you should be aiming for a loss of about 0.5 lb/week.
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    Your trainer sounds like an *kitten*. Bye Felicia!

(Keep doing your work outs because they are part of maintaining good health, regardless of a slip up!)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    All my best gym days are after nice high calorie days with lots of goodies, not to mention I eat candy as my preworkout. I get adequate protein and nutrition but I don't eat anywhere near 100% clean (whatever that means) .. my gym performance is fantastic and I have had great results. The guilt of not eating perfect is behind me and I have been so much more successful since dropping that mindset.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if this held to be true. I had a set back this weekend with eating and I had a trainer tell me the more I eat bad the more I am wasting my time by training so I should just sleep in since I train in the mornings...I know nutrition has a lot to do with weight loss, but what are your opinions on this comment?

Get a new trainer. One who won't waste your time girl.
  • laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    How early in the morning? Do you meet your PT when you workout in the mornings?

I once had a PT who hated that I wanted to meet at 5:30am. She would cancel on me or would make snide remarks about how early it was. You might consider that it's your PT who wants to sleep in.
  • shay_channet
    shay_channet Posts: 58 Member

I eat Rice Krispie treats IN THE GYM while I'm working out. Not to toot my own horn but I'm pretty sure my effort was not wasted.[/quote]

Toot away!! ;-)[/quote]

Agreed
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    jospen83 wrote: »

I once had a PT who hated that I wanted to meet at 5:30am. She would cancel on me or would make snide remarks about how early it was. You might consider that it's your PT who wants to sleep in.

Time for a new trainer.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Exercise is more important to general health than diet, so while it can be said that what you eat can make exercise less effective it can never be said that it makes it pointless.
  • shay_channet
    shay_channet Posts: 58 Member
    jospen83 wrote: »

The funny thing is I meet my trainer only once a week around 7 in the am...But when I train by myself I usually go around 4 in the am