Suggestions for high fiber foods

Options
Hey all have been finding that my fiber totals are way lower then what they should be. Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for some high fiber snacks?

Replies

• mckimee
    mckimee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    black beans
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    If you are strictly concerned about fiber, look into coconut flour. A 1/4c has 120 calories and 10g of fiber. Mix half that (2T) into a protein shake and you just added 5g of fiber (along with 2g protein and 2g fat) to your shake.
  • potatoyeti
    potatoyeti Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    If you are strictly concerned about fiber, look into coconut flour. A 1/4c has 120 calories and 10g of fiber. Mix half that (2T) into a protein shake and you just added 5g of fiber (along with 2g protein and 2g fat) to your shake.

Thanks. Will look into it
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    - 1 cub of blackberries has 62 cal and 7.5 g of fiber
    - 1 cup of raspberries has 64 cal and 8g of fiber
    - 1tbs of Chia seeds have 60 cal and 5g of fiber
    - Fiber One snacks range from 90 to 150 cal and 5g of fiber

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,147 Member
    Options
    Jicama is a nice, crispy snack veggie: 100g is 38 calories and 5g fiber. Or kohlrabi, at 100g for 28 calories and 4g fiber.

Enlightened (brand) broad bean snacks, per ounce, are 100 calories and 5-6g fiber (plus 7g protein) and come in flavors like cocoa dusted, wasabi, mesquite BBQ.

Saffron Road (brand) crispy chickpea snacks, per ounce, run around 125 calories and 5g fiber (around 6g protein) and come in flavors like Bombay spice, falafel, wasabi. Or you can make your own crispy chickpeas in the oven at home.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you like protein bars, MyProtein does one that has 26g of fibre per bar for 192 calories.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    All bran!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I use green banana flour in baking (protein pancakes) and it says you can add it to smoothies too. It is apparently a source of resistant starch, which is good for colon health.

Also, wholegrains, beans/legumes etc, fruit and vegetables... I had to cut back in fibrous vegies because I was having issues from too much fibre!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites: beans, pears, blackberries, avocado.