Holy fat bomb!

pancakerunner
pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
edited September 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hail Merry tarts. Look at that fat! I'm not against fat... AT ALL. But that's a lot for such a small portion. Yikes!

8u3ziwvl9aix.png
04gcpzptzioe.png

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Is it good?
  • papercut2k
    papercut2k Posts: 83 Member
    Lol... I guess the Paleo nut who eats this will be WOD'd his/her butt off.
  • pancakerunner
    edited September 2017
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Is it good?

Yes. Love their bites as well. Just have to limit yourself!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Is it good?

They're delicious. My favorite is the almond butter filled one. It's like a Reese's tart, only with almond butter instead of peanut butter.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    These things are why I don't understand how people restrict calories on Keto.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    420 calories for a snack?! This also confirms why I'd nope out of keto pretty promptly.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Is it good?

They're delicious. My favorite is the almond butter filled one. It's like a Reese's tart, only with almond butter instead of peanut butter.

They both sound awesome! I'm cuckoo for coconut and pb too! I'd probably eat half and be done cuz they sound pretty rich
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    edited September 2017
    I mean this also has a ton of sugar, it's very obviously not keto... right?

It also shouldn't count as paleo. Sweeteners made from coconut or maple are not inherently different from sweetener made from sugar cane, and really if you're paleo and you think your ancestors ate this... they did not.

Also how is eating something like this any better than eating say, some whole grains?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    timtam163 wrote: »
    I mean this also has a ton of sugar, it's very obviously not keto... right?

It also shouldn't count as paleo. Sweeteners made from coconut or maple are not inherently different from sweetener made from sugar cane, and really if you're paleo and you think your ancestors ate this... they did not.

Also how is eating something like this any better than eating say, some whole grains?

who cares?

honestly though - everything in moderation isn't going to kill you
  • pancakerunner
    Is it good?

They both sound awesome! I'm cuckoo for coconut and pb too! I'd probably eat half and be done cuz they sound pretty rich

They're really good. The Meyer lemon and Key Lime are my favorites. :p
  • pancakerunner
    edited September 2017
    These are more sensible and comparable to say a Reese's or Justin's PB cup fat and calorie wise.

5c74n9su6yc5.png
    rcq16gudbdqw.png

• pancakerunner
    edited September 2017
    My personal favorite from them is the cookie dough bites!

n3jpnzdyzra9.png
    q41uzhyg3xzt.png
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member

n3jpnzdyzra9.png
    q41uzhyg3xzt.png

That looks delicious and I love these packagings... I'd buy it just for that alone lol
  • pancakerunner
    edited September 2017
    sdolan91 wrote: »

n3jpnzdyzra9.png
    q41uzhyg3xzt.png

That looks delicious and I love these packagings... I'd buy it just for that alone lol

You're like me @sdolan91 ! Buying foods for the packaging... I save packages (I work in the design/advertising biz haha).
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Fat and carbs, you can't go wrong here.
    Would be among my first choices as a pre-load snack the night before a marathon.
  • deannalfisher
    Would be among my first choices as a pre-load snack the night before a marathon.

i'm kind of partial to little Debbie snack cakes, but I could be convinced to try this :)
  • Teallaquin
    Teallaquin Posts: 18 Member
    35g of fat, 27g of carbs, and 5g of protein... That adds up to more than 420cal, too.
    (35*9) + (27*4) + (5*4) = 315 + 108 + 20 = 443cal.

For the record though, this is common across all food labels to be inaccurate to a certain extent! I think the regulations dictate that they have to be within a 50cal window.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member

i'm kind of partial to little Debbie snack cakes, but I could be convinced to try this :)

See you in Berlin then.
  • deannalfisher

See you in Berlin then.

haha! I only need to go to Chattanooga TN - Little Debbie is the sponsor of IM Chattanooga :) (well, McKay Bakery that owns Little Debbie is)...