Help i have bingo arms

2»

Replies

  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited September 2017
    Bingo wings?

    You can't do very much about it except to keep lifting and keep your skin in good shape.

    There are a couple of things that might make your skin slightly more elastic...and if not, they feel good or are generally good for your health:
    --take Omega 3 oils, such as fish and flax, every day
    --stay well hydrated
    --use a salt scrub every other day or so...you can make one at home with by mixing table salt and sea salt with a bit of olive oil..combine that with your favorite body wash and you have a good scrub
    --moisturize well and often
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,525 Member
    edited September 2017
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Where did "bingo wings" come from? Was it like someone winning at bingo and then waving the ticket around the the arm fat waved too?

    That was my question too.

    I've always heard them called "batwings" ... "bingo" doesn't make any sense at all.


    Oh, and you can't wash "batwings" away or none of us would have them. :grin: The best I could do was tricep exercises to kind of fill them out a bit.

  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Where did "bingo wings" come from? Was it like someone winning at bingo and then waving the ticket around the the arm fat waved too?

    That was my question too.

    I've always heard them called "batwings" ... "bingo" doesn't make any sense at all.


    Oh, and you can't wash "batwings" away or none of us would have them. :grin: The best I could do was tricep exercises to kind of fill them out a bit.

    @Machka9 maybe bat wings is an NZ/AUS thing? It makes so much more sense! I had to really think about why they would even be called bingo wings!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Where did "bingo wings" come from? Was it like someone winning at bingo and then waving the ticket around the the arm fat waved too?

    That was my question too.

    I've always heard them called "batwings" ... "bingo" doesn't make any sense at all.


    Oh, and you can't wash "batwings" away or none of us would have them. :grin: The best I could do was tricep exercises to kind of fill them out a bit.

    @Machka9 maybe bat wings is an NZ/AUS thing? It makes so much more sense! I had to really think about why they would even be called bingo wings!

    They're bat wings in the US too. Bingo wings is actually a new one for me, but as a fan of Bingo, I like it.
  • sarahshinks2233
    sarahshinks2233 Posts: 55 Member
    I've had them since I was 12, never had a visible elbow, and would not wear tank tops ever. The fat on the back of my arm had cellulite and folded over my elbow all of the time, flexing or not. My genetics for some reason decided that was where I kept my fat. I had them whether I was 120 lbs or 220 lbs. At my thinnest, I had muscle definition on my shoulders but firm fat covering my triceps. AnnPT77 summed it up so nicely, many people are self conscious about that area but are really looking at muscle and skin. I finally had surgery to fix it this year after almost 20 years of trying to lose them. But honestly, unless you have an extreme case, it will resolve.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,525 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Where did "bingo wings" come from? Was it like someone winning at bingo and then waving the ticket around the the arm fat waved too?

    That was my question too.

    I've always heard them called "batwings" ... "bingo" doesn't make any sense at all.


    Oh, and you can't wash "batwings" away or none of us would have them. :grin: The best I could do was tricep exercises to kind of fill them out a bit.

    @Machka9 maybe bat wings is an NZ/AUS thing? It makes so much more sense! I had to really think about why they would even be called bingo wings!

    They're bat wings in the US too. Bingo wings is actually a new one for me, but as a fan of Bingo, I like it.

    They're bat wings in Canada too.

    I did a quick google search and the "bingo wings" almost seems to be more British. Perhaps some UK members can confirm.
  • Loug1983
    Loug1983 Posts: 89 Member
    edited September 2017
    Can't confirm it's exclusively British, or even that it hails from here (though it's certainly looking that way), but it's definitely a popular term here!
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    "Chicken wings", "bat wings", "bingo wings", "arm flaps", "arm curtains": Grrrr. Synonyms used for self-shaming, body hatred. Grrrr. Discussion (and even show'n'tell comparison!), sometimes, as a supposed female bonding ritual. Grrrr.

    Dang it, love your body: Look at all the things it can do. It's amazing and beautiful. Help your friends and acquaintances love their bodies, too. Granny sez.

    OK, sermon over. Off topic. Back to the thread.

    is it really more offensive than love handles, beer belly, moobs, or any of the other various names we give for common physical attributes associated with obesity that we'd rather not have to deal with?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    "Chicken wings", "bat wings", "bingo wings", "arm flaps", "arm curtains": Grrrr. Synonyms used for self-shaming, body hatred. Grrrr. Discussion (and even show'n'tell comparison!), sometimes, as a supposed female bonding ritual. Grrrr.

    Dang it, love your body: Look at all the things it can do. It's amazing and beautiful. Help your friends and acquaintances love their bodies, too. Granny sez.

    OK, sermon over. Off topic. Back to the thread.

    is it really more offensive than love handles, beer belly, moobs, or any of the other various names we give for common physical attributes associated with obesity that we'd rather not have to deal with?

    I think it's counter-productive and harmful to come up with derogatory names for any part of your body. That said, "bingo wings" feels especially offensive because of the specific association with older working- and middle-class women.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,359 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    "Chicken wings", "bat wings", "bingo wings", "arm flaps", "arm curtains": Grrrr. Synonyms used for self-shaming, body hatred. Grrrr. Discussion (and even show'n'tell comparison!), sometimes, as a supposed female bonding ritual. Grrrr.

    Dang it, love your body: Look at all the things it can do. It's amazing and beautiful. Help your friends and acquaintances love their bodies, too. Granny sez.

    OK, sermon over. Off topic. Back to the thread.

    is it really more offensive than love handles, beer belly, moobs, or any of the other various names we give for common physical attributes associated with obesity that we'd rather not have to deal with?

    Of course not. But (1) the thread wasn't about those, and (2) the arm thing especially gets me *baby-felined* off because it's mostly women (I am one) and very often involves, in part or whole, misidentifying muscles as an ugly, fat, pathological thing to be hated.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    I have them too and they're on my wish list of things to be surgically corrected should I be so fortunate to either get a really decent job or win the lotto. I have yet to figure out to get rid of them any other way.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I have them too and they're on my wish list of things to be surgically corrected should I be so fortunate to either get a really decent job or win the lotto. I have yet to figure out to get rid of them any other way.

    Are scars really better though? especially considering the price tag.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    edited September 2017
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I have them too and they're on my wish list of things to be surgically corrected should I be so fortunate to either get a really decent job or win the lotto. I have yet to figure out to get rid of them any other way.

    Are scars really better though? especially considering the price tag.

    A plastic surgeon leaves minimal scars as opposed to a traditional surgeon. Believe me, having my bat wings dealt with is the least of my surgical wish list. That's not counting lipo, nose job, breast lift, getting my thighs done, and a tummy tuck at the minimum should finances bless me.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    "Bingo" wings?
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    I'd rather give them a silly name and make myself laugh then act like they are not there. I adore myself, possibly more than I should ( but how could I not I'm amazing?). And making up a silly name about a body part which isn't my favorite doesn't make me a non feminist or a body shamer. Do push-ups, against the wall if you are not ready for real ones. Dips, head crushers, there are lots of triceps exercises. If all else fails use them to warm yourself in winter :).
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Should be Bingo wings. Bingo arms makes no sense
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,525 Member
    edited September 2017
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    "Chicken wings", "bat wings", "bingo wings", "arm flaps", "arm curtains": Grrrr. Synonyms used for self-shaming, body hatred. Grrrr. Discussion (and even show'n'tell comparison!), sometimes, as a supposed female bonding ritual. Grrrr.

    Dang it, love your body: Look at all the things it can do. It's amazing and beautiful. Help your friends and acquaintances love their bodies, too. Granny sez.

    OK, sermon over. Off topic. Back to the thread.

    I actually don't mind the term "bat wings". Bats are cute ... so if I'm going to refer to a part of my anatomy I'd like to tighten up a bit with some weight lifting, I might as well name it after something cute. :)

    It also reminds of Batman! And he was always my favourite "superhero". :grin: