Oatmeal?

Options
13»

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just starting eating it and I LOVE it. I put 25gm granola and fresh fruit in it.
  • SndsLikeLife2Me
    Options
    I love oatmeal! My favorite way is to make rolled oats with no sugar added sliced peaches, a bit of almond milk and a bit of brown sugar. It tastes like peach cobbler!
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal, but I rarely eat it. It just doesn't stick with me even when I doll it up with nuts and milk and whatnot. I need a solid animal protein in the morning.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I've recently had major dental work so have to eat soft foods and tried oatmeal for the first time today. It was disgusting! I think the instructions on the pack may have been wrong, though, as it said 1/2 cup of oatmeal mixed with 1/2 cup of water, then microwaved. It probably needed about twice as much liquid. Even so, I couldn't handle the taste, though I love oatcakes from the same brand. Weird.

Blahh I'd never cook oatmeal with water, it would end up tasting like boring sloppy cardboard. I always use milk.

And some sort of flavour something. Plain water and oatmeal? I'd hate that too.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I prefer baked oatmeal.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I prefer baked oatmeal.

Weird thing about makes oatmeal. It doesn't fill me up at all while usual stove top oatmeal does for hours. I haven't figured out why.
  • rawrrgenn
    rawrrgenn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've just started eating overnight oats and enjoy it. Ive used half a cup of oats, sprinkled cinnamon, 25 g of ground flaxseed, a mashed banana, two tsbp of peanut butter and a cup of almond milk. I mix that up good the night prior and place in the fridge to eat the next day. And you could add some berries to it when you're about to eat it. :)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of savory oats in my life!
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Love it, oats, water (microwave couple min) then add cinnamon!
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I love it! I add bananas and PB protein powder, or raisins and cinnamon pp. I won't eat it plain-- maybe that's why you don't like it.