Birth control suggestions

Options
pattyhavoc
pattyhavoc Posts: 1 Member
Hi I am new here and I am about 1 month and a half into my weight loss journey. My question is does anyone have a good experience with a certain type of birth control while trying to lose weight? I am down 21 pounds and am working very hard. I just don't want something to make it harder for me. I know everyone is different but I am looking for some advice I guess. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I had the mirena iud and didn't have any issues with weight gain...apparently it's a side effect in less than 5% of women...much of it depends on what are your individual goals for conception control...I went with mirena because I wanted something long term that would also be immediately reversible if I decided to have another child...the shot takes time to wear off, and the pill made me feel sick even at a low does version.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My partner had a vasectomy 14 years ago so none on my part for quite awhile.
    What birth control have you been using? Why are you looking to change? Have you spoken to your medical provider about options?
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Chasity Belt!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Rhythm

1968, as a 20 yo Catholic, I explained to my GF that was the only method we could use. Our first child was born AUG 1969 six months after we were married.

( BTW GF is now DW)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I chose a tubal ligation after years of being on the pill (different types) and after trying the IUD (Paragard) which ended up slipping out of position and was trying to embed itself into my insides.

I never really noticed weight problems with any form of birth control I tried (and as I mentioned, I tried several forms of hormonal birth control). Mostly, I stopped taking the pill because I disliked how any of them made me feel. The hormones seemed to intensify any negative emotions I had and didn't really seem to make my acne and my periods worse (so yeah, no thanks). The IUD was fine until it slipped out of place and tried to become "one" with me, lol.

Haven't regretted a TL, but I realize that's not for everyone.
  • Break__You
    Break__You Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Have you asked your doctor about the morning after pill? I've heard it's great. Either that or butt stuff.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I had sex. Birth control seems to be a non issue.

So like.... Ya' know, when this thread is over, do you need a ride home?
  • Break__You
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Squirt_ wrote: »
    Have you asked your doctor about the morning after pill? I've heard it's great. Either that or butt stuff.

There we have it..... it took 13 replies to reach 'butt stuff'.

That's about 7 replies past our usual.

We can do better.

I was highly disappointed that I had to be the one.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

We can do better.

Well, nuthin like taking one for the team.
  • Break__You
    Options

We can do better.

Well, nuthin like taking one for the team.

Taking one for the team? butt stuff? Hmmmm

:frowning:
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. I hate to be the serious one- but I've used the pill and Nuva Ring and never really encountered a problem with weight gain or extreme personality changes from either. I've never used birth control for an extended period of time though & I personally don't know if i'll ever even go back to using... just not a fan.
  • Break__You
    edited September 2017
    Options
    shaunte92 wrote: »
    but I've used the pill and Nuva Ring.......

Is that like a C-ring?
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options

We can do better.

:D I call BS
  • Break__You
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

We can do better.

:D I call BS
    Hahaha ok. You're right!