Keto?

Options
Good morning all! I am not new to MFP but am a serial quitter. I did WW 10+ years ago with great success. I however gained all plus some back. I've tried over and over again to follow program with some success but always fall off the wagon. Today is a new day and a new WOE. I have a family member that went Keto and had amazing results. Is anyone else out there following the Keto way of eating?

Replies

• B3xt3rC
    B3xt3rC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing Keto but I'm defo a serial quitter too, even posted that as a subject earlier today haha! So feel free to add me and we can stick at it together this time. Good luck!
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hope you do great this time! I'm still eating all foods, just less. I'm logging all my calories and trying to be active everyday. It's hard to eat less, but I don't do as well with eliminating my favorite foods completely. I tend to binge later in moments of weakness. But I'm only 1.5 months into this, so I am no expert!
  • desirae1983
    desirae1983 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi @hezrene! I am a serial quitter as well! I actually have been doing lots of research on the keto plan and began today. I attempted an elimination diet once before (aip) because of health issues and was able to lose 25 pounds in a month with no exercise. As soon as I began to eat the standard diet, it all came back. Keto isn't as strict as aip (for me) so I am attempting this with exercise included.
  • LosingIt2WIN
    LosingIt2WIN Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    YES! I am doing Keto and just started on 8/23/17. I have lost 10.8 pounds so far. It has been a lot easier than I thought and I am NOT "hangry"!
  • ohboysandwiches
    ohboysandwiches Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto currently. I've had success with it in the past and I am giving it another go!
  • hkann76
    hkann76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I stayed in my macros today. That's a plus! I came home from work and made a big plate of scrambled eggs with sausage, bacon, mushrooms, avocado and cheese. Yum!!!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i tried Keto for 5 days.. then it got really hard.. im not a fan of sugar, but i LOOOOVE my rice!! omg.. im from India and we love rice too much... dont know how to stick to Keto, i want to !
  • KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am Keto and love it!
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've been mostly Keto for well over a year now. It's a way of life for me, I love it and feel so much better when I'm full on Keto. Don't get me wrong, I've had my moments of weakness over the year, but I just get right back on it and it works wonders for me! It might not be for everyone, but I was made for Keto!
  • BeatlesGirl20
    BeatlesGirl20 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am new to the keto diet and looking for some people to be my keto friends to help me along the way. I am doing this to better my health as well as lose some extra pounds.
  • Lauramusick
    Lauramusick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been Keto a little over 1 month now and down 17lbs! I have tried once before but fell off the wagon and it is so hard to get back on sometimes! This body by bacon thing seems to be perfect for me personally (I have PCOS and insulin resistance) and I am actually over the cravings and have started intermittent fasting- I have even attended parties lately and kept to the keto way, mostly because the bloat from carbs is so not worth it!
    With Keto it is definitely got to be a lifestyle change, you have to think long-term but take it one day at a time and in the beginning keep things simple. Glad to see others on the struggle. Keto on!
  • IzzaNoor
    IzzaNoor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i also started krto and lost 4 kilos around 9 pounds in just a week which was mainly water weight then i fell off the wagon and gained 2 pounds back now starting again today would you mind sharing what u eat daily
  • IamMicah
    IamMicah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My Dad did Atkins off and on for my whole life so it was a familiar shift for me. Im also insulin resistant and this helps tremendously. I've been on since July 22 and fine tuned and corrected until I figured out all the mistakes and tricks. I've been in a state of ketosis for probably 4 weeks and I've lost ~30lbs since July.

I'm hardly ever hungry and I'm not really craving anything.

Add me I like friends
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group herein MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Circe4243
    Circe4243 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keto here too! Started 8/1- so far almost 10 lbs down.
  • hkann76
    hkann76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank so much for the support. I hope you all don't think I'm a stalker but I've friend requested you. I need all the help I can get :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    hezrene wrote: »
    Thank so much for the support. I hope you all don't think I'm a stalker but I've friend requested you. I need all the help I can get :)

Definitely don't think you're a stalker! ;)