Weekend of NSV Mania!

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
While I still have a very loooong way to go to reach my goal, I had some GREAT NSV’s this weekend that made me feel pretty good and I thought were worth sharing.

1 – Spent the day on the beach Saturday with my daughter. In years past, my wife and I would split time chasing my daughter and I probably was pushing my wife to chase a little (or a lot) more because I was “too tired”. Well this year I probably had her in the ocean for over 3 hours and dug in the sand with her the rest of the time. Made me feel pretty good and my wife probably appreciated it too since she’s about 7 ½ months pregnant and she was able to enjoy reading her book. :happy:

2 – Was able to get on all of the rides that my daughter wanted me to get on with her on the boardwalk. I might have had to squeeze in a little but atleast I got on. :laugh:

3 – This was possibly my favorite personal NSV so far. This morning we went out to breakfast at a little spot that had nothing but booths. Normally when this happens I go into panic mode, worrying whether or not I’m go into fit into the booth, is one side bigger than the other, are there tables anywhere, etc… Well, today I am happy to say that I deferred the larger side of the booth to my wife and her big, pregnant belly (what?:tongue: ) and I slid comfortably into the other, smaller side. Pretty cool indeed.:glasses:

So after just a little less than 3 months of eating well, exercising, and logging everything, the overall improvements to my quality of life are pretty awesome. This site and the people on here have definitely helped keep me on track. I’m looking forward to see what “new” things I can do next……

Replies

• guinessngolf
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Those are all things you should be super PROUD to have done! :)
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

Gives this newby peace of mind knowing that if it's working for someone else, it very well might work for me too!!!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSVs!!! Way to go! You have every right to be proud of yourself. Awesome! (and I'm SURE your wife definitely appreciated your stamina with the little one) :--) Keep up the great work!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Those are great NVS's!!!
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Congratulations! I know it must feel great! I can't wait to have my first NSV...whatever it may be!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Faaaaaantastic!!!!!!
  • KsCrafter
    KsCrafter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Love those little NSV moments Keep up the good work :smile:
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV and terrific weight lost,keep up the good work!
  • Mkin
    Mkin Posts: 43
    Options
    That is so awesome go you!! I can't wait for that too, last time I went to the amusement park I couldn't fit on some of the rides.

Awesome dude, keep up the good work =)
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So much to be proud of!!! Great job :)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    What a fun weekend. Congrats!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSVs!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are amazing!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love all three NSV's!! Way to go!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - full steam ahead!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!