2»

Replies

• fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    fjmartini wrote: »
    MilesAddie wrote: »
    If you've never listened to the FIRST 'Serial', do that before anything else. It's awesome.

I personally listen to a lot of True Crime podcasts, documentaries/narrative non-fiction type stuff.

-'Criminal' is well produced and not heavy at all; short listening times, almost always nothing too gory or messed up; often very clever, funny crimes.

-'Generation Why" goes into some darker subject matter, but it's produced in a way that takes the edge off.

-'Sword and Scale' is heavy. Not for the faint of heart. Long run times, very well researched, complete with interviews, and original recordings. I was a fan of the first few years of episodes, although there were a few that I could not stomach and had to turn off, and others where I feel he interjects his own opinions too much into the case. I would absolutely stay away from the more recent stuff. Read the description before you just randomly play an episode. Terrible things happen in this world.

I think those podcasts lean left.

Point being..?

Point being, without knowing OPs thought process, suggest such podcasts might be what they're looking for. Other thane Lore.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    If you've never listened to the FIRST 'Serial', do that before anything else. It's awesome.

I personally listen to a lot of True Crime podcasts, documentaries/narrative non-fiction type stuff.

-'Criminal' is well produced and not heavy at all; short listening times, almost always nothing too gory or messed up; often very clever, funny crimes.

-'Generation Why" goes into some darker subject matter, but it's produced in a way that takes the edge off.

-'Sword and Scale' is heavy. Not for the faint of heart. Long run times, very well researched, complete with interviews, and original recordings. I was a fan of the first few years of episodes, although there were a few that I could not stomach and had to turn off, and others where I feel he interjects his own opinions too much into the case. I would absolutely stay away from the more recent stuff. Read the description before you just randomly play an episode. Terrible things happen in this world.

Point being..?

Point being, without knowing OPs thought process, suggest such podcasts might be what they're looking for. Other thane Lore.

That statement literally makes zero sense.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Point being..?

That statement literally makes zero sense.

I guess to you. Please stop saying 'literally' when it's obvious you don't mean figuratively.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Stuff Mom Never Told You
  • ZAnders84
    ZAnders84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Talk is Jericho. I am a big wrestling fan and Jericho has awesome guests with great behind the scenes stories.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK. I love the TED Radio Hour from Radio 4 Extra. It takes a whole load of short, (or excerpts from longer) related TED talks to make a one hour program on a particular theme. I guess I could also get a load of whole TEDs from NPR via a podcast app, but they often seem a bit short.
    Or fantasy / sci-fi / other interesting dramas from the BBC radio iplayer.
  • microwhisper
    microwhisper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Stuff You Should Know!!

• MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @fjmartini

How do those Podcasts lean 'Left'. I could see how you could **might** draw a conclusion about Serial, because it was produced by Ira Glass, of This American Life. If anything, Sword and Scale supports a "Hang em High, No such thing as a Rehabilitated Criminal' philosophy. Have you even listened to any of them? Not once did I ever feel I was being sold on Single Payer Health Care, although some of the stories make a strong case for the death penalty.

Stop trying to draw people into a political debate on a FITNESS website. I've seen some of your other posts. We get it.

Count your calories, maybe help someone achieve else their goals, and if you want to argue, head back on over to 4Chan.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    @MichSmish

How do those Podcasts lean 'Left'. I could see how you could **might** draw a conclusion about Serial, because it was produced by Ira Glass, of This American Life. If anything, Sword and Scale supports a "Hang em High, No such thing as a Rehabilitated Criminal' philosophy. Have you even listened to any of them? Not once did I ever feel I was being sold on Single Payer Health Care, although some of the stories make a strong case for the death penalty.

Stop trying to draw people into a political debate on a FITNESS website. I've seen some of your other posts. We get it.

Count your calories, maybe help someone achieve else their goals, and if you want to argue, head back on over to 4Chan.

@MilesAddie I wasn't the one claiming they lean left, I haven't listened to any of them. I questioned another poster who said they leaned left, and wondered why that would be a problem anyway.

I'd also appreciate you keeping your unsolicited advice for me and the topics I choose to respond to, to yourself.

Thanks anyway.
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @MichSmish

Oops. Yeah I meant the other guy. @fjmartini

Really sorry about that.