Vegetarian recipes!

Options
bethanyedge97
bethanyedge97 Posts: 19 Member
Hey! I'm giving up meat and cutting down on lactose significantly, can anyone give me any suggestions on vegetarian recipes? Thanks!

Replies

• kennedymom
    kennedymom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Curious to know how it's going for you
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I'm vegetarian. :) My staples are rice, protein pancakes, nuts, cottage cheese, fruits and veggies.
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    These are currently my favorite thing. I don't bother with the sunflower cream. It makes a massive amount but freezes beautifully. I freeze it in individual containers and it reheats very fast. If you're cutting down on lactose, slicing an avocado up over the top gives you some of the richness of cheese or sour cream... but without the dairy.

http://makingthymeforhealth.com/lentil-carrot-tacos-recipe/

eta: feel free to add me! Mostly vegetarian tending toward vegan... except sometimes when my roommates cook dinner lol
  • anessva
    anessva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not strictly vegetarian but was for 7 years so still eat a lot of veggies meals- our family favourites are pumpkin Dahl, chickpea and sweet potatoe curry, spinach frittata, spinach and feta pie, vegetarian bean burrito bowls, - yum
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    CITRUS AND CABBAGE SALAD

Half wombok (shredded )
    200gm baby spinach
    1 cucumber ( thinly sliced )
    Half punnet cherry tomatoes ( cut in half)
    4 radish ( thinly sliced )
    2 red apples ( sliced thin)
    2 oranges (sliced thin )
    2 mandarins ( segmented )
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    Salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in bowl.
    Stir well.
    Place in airtight container.
    Leave for two hours before eating.

u1z3akkswck7.jpg
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    VEGETABLE CURRY

1 tablespoons olive oil
    3 large brown onions (sliced)
    3 tablespoons yellow curry paste
    1 teaspoon crushed garlic

Add to a large stock pot and fry for five minutes.
    Add 1 litre vegetable stock and stir well.
    Add 250gm dried red lentils, 1 zucchini, 3 carrots (cut in rings and stir well. Cover with water. Add 1 can drained chick peas and kidney beans.
    Place on lid. Bring to boil. Stir well.
    Cook 15 minutes.
    Reduce heat to low. Add 2 cups broccoli florets and 1 cup frozen peas and more water to cover the top as it thickens. Stir thoroughly.
    Cook a further 10 minutes.
    Turn off heat and serve.
    Can add a little Greek yogurt at this stage.
  • mirnadababneh
    mirnadababneh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1 large onion chopped
    1 can of mushroom or fresh mushroom
    1 green bell pepper
    1 yellow bell pepper
    1 red yellow pepper
    Salt, black pepper, one tablespoon of olive oil
    Preheat a pan and add the olive oil add onions peppers and mushrooms and sprinkle salt and peppers
  • girl1451
    girl1451 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love the moosewood cookbooks for vegetarian recipes. Easy and super flavourful. (I've borrowed them from the library before buying my own copy too)
  • Patsycervantes
    Patsycervantes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Quorn brand makes chik'n tenders. 1 cup is only 90 calories and will help substitute meat. Help you stay full
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I made this channa masala this weekend. It was delicious, easy and inexpensive. I added a piece of naan bread and a cucumber salad on the side, and I had a very satisfying meal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/allrecipes.com/recipe/236564/chana-masala-savory-indian-chick-peas/amp/
  • samathes
    samathes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just made a simple vegetarian tortilla soup. I found it on allrecipes.
  • dmenon24
    dmenon24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any vegetarian lunch ideas that are easy to prep, have protein and delish?

I am trying to cut down on TVP because those products are so processed but I am struggling with other easy protein sources that keep me full.

I typically bring quinoa salad, veggie burgers without the patty, and lentil soup.

• SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Carrot curry soup is amazing.
  • NewYearNewMe140
    NewYearNewMe140 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try http://kriscarr.com/ and also https://www.forksoverknives.com/. They are FULL of amazing recipe ideas!
  • ashleyconleche
    ashleyconleche Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I made a mushroom and black bean quesadilla for dinner tonight. Super simple -- sauteed mushrooms and green onions, mixed them together with black beans (canned for convenience) and diced tomatoes (I chose fresh), put on a tortilla with pepper jack cheese, and then cooked on a skillet. I topped mine with a dallop of sour cream and some mashed avocado I mixed with a little lemon juice.

Options for quesadilla fillings are endless.
  • sophielallen
    sophielallen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would definitely recommend https://cookingonabootstrap.com/ by Jack Monroe. She is vegetarian/vegan herself (I forget which) so she makes a lot of veggie friendly stuff. Its super tasty and cheap too if you're on a budget, I usually make something from this website a few times a week.
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Peppers stuffed with chilli
    All veg soup
    Vegetable biryani/pilaf rice - throw in some beans for protein
    Any type of lentils
    You can try any Indian or Thai curry. Most of them are vegan
    Roasted veggies pasta
    Chickpea and spinach burgers
    Bean burgers
    There are loads of options