"Are you expecting"

Options
This happened to me today. I am 5'2" and 142. I've been small my whole life untiil 2011 when I got preggers and had two kiddos since. I am working on it!!!! I've joined here and went from 145 to 137... but then back to 142. I am so upset.

Replies

• Amee2017
    Amee2017 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :'(
  • Amee2017
    Options
    So many people have seen my pst and no one has replied

Boo hisss
    I could use some supportive words
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I mean, that's awful!

People can be really mean, even when they don't mean to be. Maybe it was coming from a good place, and they were trying to be excited for you.

Don't let this get you down! Get back on track, there's a really supportive community here, especially when you give your post some time to reach the best people. I usually let my posts hang out for 24 hours.

Find an accountability buddy, find exercise that makes you happy, and remember that at the end of the day your two kiddos love you regardless of how you look.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time. Even when I was at my goal weight - see profile picture. That's me at 130lbs, four years ago. I have diastis recti from having a huge baby and it doesn't go away, even when I'm below a healthy weight. I especially got it from women in the Dominican Republic, even the ones who were fatter than me. At one point I just put back on the 30 lbs I had lost because I was like, who cares, I look fat even when I'm skinny. I would get so mad I'd be yelling and screaming at them in the grocery store...my poor husband doesn't understand Spanish and it would freak him out, until it happened for the tenth time and then he'd just let me go at them. Some people are rude as heck. Depending on where you are, some people actually have no filter I guess.

This time I'm actually going to get a tummy tuck and muscle repairs if I can get to and stay at my goal weight for six months. The baby is 18 now, so it's now or never.

Don't worry about what people say. People are stupid. They are rude. There used to be books on etiquette to prevent this stuff, but now people don't care about being polite, so even if there was such books, people wouldn't read them. Some folks just wander through life acting like idiots and being rude to others without a care in the world. Don't let them get you down. Just use it as fuel to the fire.
  • Amee2017
    Options
    I'm sad
    And
    Now I'm wanting more comfort food

This is awful
    And I was beginning to feel remotivated
    But this hurts
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    But why? You have two choices, get back in shape or eat crappy food and feel like crap. I have an actual medical problem, but I'm not quitting....why would you? People are stupid. I know this for a fact because I drive and I see it in action daily. Don't let stupid people affect you.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    People say crappy ish all the time. You gotta let that roll off your back.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I love when people ask me that. I make it as awkward as possible. Wide eyes, open look, quizzical smile "Expecting what?"

"When are you due?" "Due where?"

"Oh, do you have good news?" "Yes! The rash isn't contagious!"

You can't control what people say, but you can control how it affects you. If you go and chow down on comfort food, you're not actually going to feel better.
  • Amee2017
    Options
    Thank you all for taking time to give me words of encouragement, your kindness means a lot. I'm refocused today on my goals.

• olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Good job getting your head back in the game!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Amee2017 wrote: »
    Thank you all for taking time to give me words of encouragement, your kindness means a lot. I'm refocused today on my goals.

That's awesome! Don't let anybody get you down!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    People say crappy ish all the time. You gotta let that roll off your back.

So much this. You can't control the aholes of the world. You can only control how you respond.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yup it's happened to me. I said "nope I'm just fat". I hope it taught that person to think before they speak!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My response to that question and similar questions was "nope, just fat" as I patted my belly and shrugged. It usually left people with nothing else to say.

This is exactly what I said/did the two times I was asked if I was pregnant (which I wasn't, and never have been), and that's the reaction I got from people. Startled, embarassed, and fumbling for the words to "make it better." That way I keep a positive attitude about it (no point in flying off the handle), but I hope that their discomfort makes them think twice about saying that to someone again.

(And yes, sometimes posts get buried in the forums. It's nothing personal. There's just a LOT of posts that happen every day here.)

• Amee2017
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I quickly responded to her
    "Nope I'm just fat"
    She became incredibly uncomfortable and so I added "...and bloated bc my period is due soon" which was true.

Meanwhile my young daughter may have overheard me say "I'm just fat" and so I'm wishing I would have simply responded honestly with "no Im not expecting" and maybe added "what makes you ask?" To mess with her!

Anyways
    I'm getting over it.
    Had a successful day today staying on target.

Again thanks for the support guys
  • lvromero3
    lvromero3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I got that a month ago at three months postpartum. Shopping (pushing stroller) when some rude hag asked when I was due. I was so confused at first. Then just answered "may 10th"...
    So she looked down into the stroller and realized her mistake, instantly embarrassed and I just walked away while she was fumbling with trying to say the "right thing" to make up for her dumbness

I cried in the car but since then I've been motivated to get back in shape! But yeah it hurts but we gotta use it as fuel & let it go!!!!!