What restaurant do you feel has the world's best fries (poll)?

Options

Replies

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I actually have a soft spot (my gut) for Captain D's fries with some tartar sauce...They're like, kettle cooked or somthing...oh, and McDonalds!
  • kiariv
    kiariv Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am extremely low carb\ketogenic, but on a cheat day I love checkers fully loaded cheddar bacon ranch seasoned fries. Yumminess!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Rally's/Checkers

/thread

Yes! Unfortunately, our Checkers closed years ago :(.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    BRAUMS

Found the Okie!!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    BRAUMS

Found the Okie!!

Guilty.

Oh I forgot to mention the rosemary fries from Smashburger. Close 2nd to braums.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    BRAUMS

Found the Okie!!

They're the only ones that care about Braums at all.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    BRAUMS

Found the Okie!!

Guilty.

Oh I forgot to mention the rosemary fries from Smashburger. Close 2nd to braums.
    Ooh yeah, their Sweet potato fries are delicious too.

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    BRAUMS

Found the Okie!!

You're just jealous that you don't have a Braums!
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    My mom used to make the best homemade fries. We always had this container of oil in the fridge just for fries. We would wrap in blank newsprint (used to get roll ends, lol) and put tons of salt and vinegar on them. Yummm
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    BRAUMS

I haven't been back to visit Kansas for years. But probably need to stop there next time I do.
  • jdlobb
    Options
    BRAUMS

Found the Okie!!

You're just jealous that you don't have a Braums!

Please. I'm in Dallas, they're all over the place, but only Okie expats ever go to them.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    BRAUMS

Found the Okie!!

And I know about it from the 5 years I lived in Kansas.
  • KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Steak and shake shoe string or Popeyes seasoned
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hop Cat.

https://hopcat.com/

One of the Food Network's top 10 fries in the US:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/photos/america-s-10-best-french-fries

HopCat's founders settled on the final recipe for their crack fries (named for how addictive they are) while sitting around a table drinking beer — which could explain why the fries are battered in light beer before they're sprinkled with black pepper seasoning. Some people order extra toppings, like cheese sauce, jalapenos and onion, and almost everyone orders a cold one on the side.

McDonald's Arbys, etc isn't even in the same food group.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    McD's fries are absolutely the best hangover cure known to man. They're also delicious, but they are to "fries" what taco bell is to "tacos." Not the real thing, but still wonderful in it's own, bad way.

My favorite fries are from Wing Stop, though. I don't like their wings that much, but the crisp and the seasoning is awesome.
    BRAUMS

Found the Okie!!

LOL! I didn't know people ordered actual FOOD at Braums! I thought it was sort of like Dairy Queen - only good for the ice cream, and only patronized by people on road trips. Braums does make a mean vanilla milkshake. It actually TASTES like vanilla, whereas most of the world seems to believe that vanilla=plain, milk-flavored.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Hop Cat.

https://hopcat.com/

One of the Food Network's top 10 fries in the US:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/photos/america-s-10-best-french-fries

HopCat's founders settled on the final recipe for their crack fries (named for how addictive they are) while sitting around a table drinking beer — which could explain why the fries are battered in light beer before they're sprinkled with black pepper seasoning. Some people order extra toppings, like cheese sauce, jalapenos and onion, and almost everyone orders a cold one on the side.

McDonald's Arbys, etc isn't even in the same food group.

That's because battered fries aren't fries. They're appetizers. I'm not saying they're not good, I'm just saying that they're not in the same category as pure french fried potato bliss.
  • jdlobb
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    McD's fries are absolutely the best hangover cure known to man. They're also delicious, but they are to "fries" what taco bell is to "tacos." Not the real thing, but still wonderful in it's own, bad way.

My favorite fries are from Wing Stop, though. I don't like their wings that much, but the crisp and the seasoning is awesome.
    BRAUMS

Found the Okie!!

LOL! I didn't know people ordered actual FOOD at Braums! I thought it was sort of like Dairy Queen - only good for the ice cream, and only patronized by people on road trips. Braums does make a mean vanilla milkshake. It actually TASTES like vanilla, whereas most of the world seems to believe that vanilla=plain, milk-flavored.

I don't know what this first paragraph means, because McDonalds fries are definitely fries by any definition, and Taco Bell's tacos are definitely tacos. They're actually damned close to the fried street tacos you can get from vendors all over Central Mexico in and around Mexico City. They're just not the same as the soft-shelled variety that are more common in Northern Mexico and the American Southwest.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    So y'all are just going to forget about Chick Fil A Fries????!

I used to love MCD's fries. It was an obsession.. actually. Then I got pregnant and decided to stop eating there and also gave up soda. That was 5 years ago! Recently bought a small bag of fries from there and yukkkkk. They taste like.. nothing. If that makes sense. Just a stick with a bunch of salt on it. Only had 2 fries and threw the rest away.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    So y'all are just going to forget about Chick Fil A Fries????!

I used to love MCD's fries. It was an obsession.. actually. Then I got pregnant and decided to stop eating there and also gave up soda. That was 5 years ago! Recently bought a small bag of fries from there and yukkkkk. They taste like.. nothing. If that makes sense. Just a stick with a bunch of salt on it. Only had 2 fries and threw the rest away.

Waffle fries won't cut it. They don't have the right proportion of soft to crispy. Too much crispy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Dog House Drive In for tater tots

Holy Cow for fries