What restaurant do you feel has the world's best fries (poll)?

Options

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Boardwalk Fries (in peanut oil) are my #1 fave from Ocean City, MD. But Five Guys rules for a chain.

PS - the Green Giant frozen cauliflower tater tots ain't bad.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Boardwalk Fries (in peanut oil) are my #1 fave from Ocean City, MD. But Five Guys rules for a chain.

Fuuuuuuuuk. Ocean City. Boardwalk fries! Memories. So many memories.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Steak n Shake. They have the skinny fries. So good!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    ^^yeah I like them too
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have not had Steak and Shake fries for an eternity, but back in the day those fries were my jam. Used to go there with the guys a lot because they were open 24-7
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    McDonalds large worth the 510 calories. 24g/fat. 4g sat fat.

New answer: Outback steakhouse aussie cheese fries
    2,140 calories, 91 fat, 26 sat fat, 1,800 sodium. YUMMY.

The cheese outback uses congeals too fast. Go with Longhorn steakhouse for chili bacon cheese fries. Yum!!

For plain fries (No toppings) it's Fuddruckers for me. I like big steak fries, not thinner ones.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

The cheese outback uses congeals too fast. Go with Longhorn steakhouse for chili bacon cheese fries. Yum!!

For plain fries (No toppings) it's Fuddruckers for me. I like big steak fries, not thinner ones.

I'll concede that Fudd's fries do rock, especially with the pump action Jalapeno cheese they have at the topping bar.

Pro Tip: Order Fudd's fries (potato wedges, really) "well done". Most of the employees there know the drill and they come out much crispier and better IMHO.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »

I'll concede that Fudd's fries do rock, especially with the pump action Jalapeno cheese they have at the topping bar.

Pro Tip: Order Fudd's fries (potato wedges, really) "well done". Most of the employees there know the drill and they come out much crispier and better IMHO.

^^^ +1
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Braum's (fast food place specializing in ice cream, only in MO, AR, OK, TX & KS) - crinkle cut deliciousness, the only fries that taste the way I remember from childhood. I like them lightly fried but if you ask them they'll do 'em darker fried and also very good!

I love Steak & Shake's steakburgers...but HATE their fries. They taste like *nothing* to me. Just sad bits of yellow substance. I am really surprised to see others like them! Maybe it's all of the Steak & Shakes in my area doing it waaaay wrong.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    In Australia I'd say Grill'd without a doubt. Not only do you have deliciously crunchy potato fries on the menu, but also sweet potato, avocado and zucchini. This is great for the low carbers out there.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My favorite fries ever were some my mom made occasionally when I was a kid. Thin and crispy with soft insides.

For fast food. McDonald's is good. In n out is good. If I randomly run into a Belgian style fry shop, usually those are very good- if they are truly doing them Belgian style.

If I go to sonic I get onion rings or tots.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I can't eat fries at most restaurants anymore because of cross-contamination issues, but I remember really loving the steak fries at Red Robin. Basically, they were almost like mini-baked potato stick. Only fried. And they were bottomless, so I could pig out on them as much as I wanted.

I never liked the fries from McDonald's. They were always old when I got them, and they had ALWAYS been coated with enough salt to make country bacon blush. Five Guys's were always limp and greasy. Wendy's and Chick Filla were much better options as far as fast food was concerned.
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    MacDonalds...every time :smile:
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    McDonalds. Sad but true.

Also Gourmet Burger Kitchen sweet potato fries with baconnaise. NOM.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    McDonalds or 5 Guys
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Fresh, hand cut, with skins on are always the best :-) My friends local restaurant has them, and they are harder to find these days! I like 5 Guys, but don't like the seasoning... I like pure & simple fries!!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    In South Africa, and corner fish and chips shop lol
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Love Red Robin for fries. I always save up calories for the potato cakes at Arby's. But an odd find was the tots at Dunkin Donuts. When I take the kids there, I'll get an order of those instead of a donut.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »

I 2nd the Boardwalk fries from Ocean City,Md. YUM!