Tricking metabolism

Options
So i am just switching in to mfp from ww! I started ww at 270lbs and am now 212 so just about 60 down! But am at a bit of plateau and am not satisfied on ww anymore!

Mfp puts me at 1330 cals per day! What do you guys do ? Always hit your calories the same everyday ? Shouldnt we fluctuate it somehow to trick our metabolisms ?

What works for you ? Cheat meals here and there ?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's such a thing as tricking the metabolism but you can increase it by being more active/ changing exercise routine.
    As for calories, I don't eat the same every day, I go by weekly totals. Today I might only eat 1500, but other days I will eat 2200. As long as I don't go above 14000 calories in a week I maintain my weight nicely. Don't think the lower and higher days have ever affected/tricked my metabolism though!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    As people have said...not a thing.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Is tricking metabolism like confusing muscles?

Next up we have baffling your thyroid, bewildering your digestive system, perplexing your nerves and confounding your ligaments.

best response ever!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    It's up to you whether you strive to hit that target every day or on average over time. I like to eat more on the weekends than during the week so I ate very light during the week so I could eat more on the weekends.
  • tammystarren
    tammystarren Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    Read more than one book.

Lol you do not know me! Nice try