New & under construction

Options
Hello, still trying to figure all this out . Any advice and motivation words please don't hold back . I've allowed my self to not care due to my husbands fears . No more , I'm taking my life back and taking care of myself !

Replies

• Fitwithit80
    Fitwithit80 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you happy about yourself!!! You got this
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    - Take your in small increments 10 - 5lb goals instead of 1 - 50lb goals
    - Its a journey not a race, slow and steady is the way.
    - There is no secret to weight loss, less calories & upping your activity = caloric deficit which is a loss ( most weeks)
    - Take measurements and photos in the beginning and frequently, it helps on the weeks the scale doesn't budge
    - I have a rough 2 years of stress incident after stress incident ( jobs losses, deaths, moving, marriage troubles) and I let every single incident derail me. But I kept getting back up. Looking back I wish I didn't sweat the small stuff. Dont let the small stuff bring you down, but always keep getting back up
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the first day of the new you
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, You can do this!! Wish you the best of Luck!! Feel free to add me.
  • Tangled2015
    Tangled2015 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    M new too, but I really need a partner to help me with my goal
  • happystarken
    happystarken Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every day counts, add me for positive vibes!
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said. Make small goals. When you reach those make new small goals. Remember this is a new lifestyle, not a "diet". Good luck with your journey!! Feel free to add me.