August swimming challenger :)

Options
so I was just thinking about making a mini challenge.

How about swimming for 30 mins a day for the duration of august. I know it's kinda hard so leta aim for 25/31 days. That gives you few "not feeling great" days o sickness or just lazy days.

Since it's summer we have bigger opportunity to do it now and haven't seen one so far so let's do it.

My motivation is to tone for my oct1-6 Hawaii trip. What's yours.

Also feel free to post what did you do, how long and how did you like it.

Replies

• amber_bamber
    amber_bamber Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love any reason that will get me in the pool :) I'm in!
  • Emma422
    Emma422 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :)
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm In!
  • LauriTerrell
    LauriTerrell Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wonderful idea! I am in... Put in 40 minutes of breast stroke this morning. Water was VERY warm at 5 a.m. Ready for it to be a little cooler!
  • pjm1806
    pjm1806 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi everyone. How was the first day? I did 28 mins of laps. Didn't hav time for me. But it's all good.
  • Cateyes0831
    Options
    Hi everyone. How was the first day? I did 28 mins of laps. Didn't hav time for me. But it's all good.

I did pretty good. Was worried for a bit cause it was raining pretty bad here in FL but it cleared up just in time for me to get 45 minutes of laps in for the day. I really enjoy swimming. It's almost like your not exercising but you are :laugh:
  • LauriTerrell
    Options
    Was in for another 40 minutes of breast stroke this morning. Your 28 minutes yesterday was nothing to sneeze at, keep it up!
  • Cateyes0831
    Options
    It was so nice down at the pool today! I got in an hour of laps :happy:
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ya! I'm not in cuz of a bad shoulder recently, but this is an excellent place to unashamedly promote my blog if you'd like some workout ideas! :wink: Link below!
  • LauriTerrell
    Options
    40 minutes this morning!
  • Cateyes0831
    Options
    An hour and 15 minutes in tonight! Babysitting my little sister in-law for the next 2 days, so I'm sure we will be at the pool ALL day tomorrow and Friday Lol.
  • LauriTerrell
    Options
    Wow! an hour an 15.... now I feel like a slacker for only putting in 30 this morning! :wink:
  • pjm1806
    pjm1806 Posts: 41
    Options
    Wow guys. Goog job. I couldn't do it last night. Started to rain really bad plus baby got sick. I seriously thought I would strangle him. He woke up literally every hour. Can you imagine how I look/feel this morning... Will do 30 mins today.
  • Cateyes0831
    Options
    Wow! an hour an 15.... now I feel like a slacker for only putting in 30 this morning! :wink:

30 minutes is better then nothing! Your not slacking at all :happy:

I have a little sister who is like a fish and could live in the water if you let her Lol. That being said I am always at the pool with her.
  • baschmidt2
    Options
    I'm in! I was on the swim team in high school and used to swim for up to 3 hours every day so this should work for me especially since I want to lose 10 lbs by the end of august and then the last 15 at school by october at the latest. Lets be fishes and lose that stubborn fat!

Feel free to add me!
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i'm in!!! have not yet swam officially this week.. am headed to the water this evening!!

i do have my swim times for last week if those count!!

August 1.... 30 min breast stroke.. 657 burned
    60 min leisure swim.. 789 burned

August 2.... 75 min breast stroke.. 1643 burned

August 3.... 45 min leisure swim.. 592 burned
    50 min breast stroke.. 1095 burned

August 4.... 120 min breast stroke.. 2629 burned

August 5.... 60 min breast stroke.. 1306 burned

August 6.... NADA...
    August 7.... NADA...

This brings me up through today...
  • Cateyes0831
    Options
    I was bad and didn't get any swimming in this weekend :sad: It's Monday and I am going to try and pick it back up today if it would stop rainning Lol :laugh:
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    reporting in for yesterday.. Monday August 8... 60 min breast stroke 1306 calories burned..
  • Cateyes0831
    Options
    reporting in for yesterday.. Monday August 8... 60 min breast stroke 1306 calories burned..
    [/quote

That is AWESOME!!! It was raining all day yesterday so I wasn't able to swim :cry: Samething with today (raining) but I still went swimming Lol and it was pretty fun :laugh: Only did 45 minutes (it was getting cold) but It's better then nothing!]