5'9 60lbs gone

Options
I was at my heaviest at 277lbs. I started taking my weight loss seriously in February 2017 and have lost 60 lbs since then, with another 20 prior to that. Pictures have saved the day because I don't see a difference like others say they do. I have another 50 lbs I want to lose (all in my tummy, if you have any advice!) but I hope these pics help inspire people who struggle with motivation and not seeing a difference. I may have sucked in a little for my newer body shot because I'm so used to doing that to hide my tummy in pictures. :( still working on the confidence piece.

qe0zy5w6iogg.jpg
mlyd7avp6pfj.jpg
u7jgfsfbx4bm.jpg
u58bbh8vv1t4.jpg

Replies

• Coco_Camm
    Coco_Camm Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look so great!
  • gyp5012
    gyp5012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • lilacfields
    lilacfields Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look wonderful - what a transformation. You must have worked so hard - Well done!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Well done girl!!
  • amandacalories
    amandacalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! I'm 5'8 and started at 244 so you're an inspiration.
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Total inspiration! I'm 220 with a goal weight of 150 so this definitely keeps me going! Did you follow any specific diet or exercise plan? I think I was eating a little too much before so I've been losing a little slow. The first 10 was easy but now it's slowing down so I lowered my calories hoping to see more results :) you look great!
  • batgirl_273
    batgirl_273 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Total inspiration! I'm 220 with a goal weight of 150 so this definitely keeps me going! Did you follow any specific diet or exercise plan? I think I was eating a little too much before so I've been losing a little slow. The first 10 was easy but now it's slowing down so I lowered my calories hoping to see more results :) you look great!

Nope. Using mfp everyday even if I was over my calories. I do some form of exercise 5-6 days a week, mostly running for 45 mins. I haven't stopped eating anything I like, just making sure to work it into my allowable calories. I do have 1 cheat meal a week though where I can have anything I want. It seems to help actually, my body doesn't get used to the same thing all the timr
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Great work! How have you handled exercise calories?
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Great job! Thank you for sharing.
  • batgirl_273
    batgirl_273 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Great work! How have you handled exercise calories?

I use 'mapmyfitness' to track it and I actually divide the calories it counts in half because I find they are badly inflated. I also don't sync anything to MFP because the auto calorie adjustments confused me too much and I feel I was eating more than I was burning. Between my fitbit exercise calories and the way I half the MFP calories, seems my logging is fairly accurate. I eat back most, if not all exercise calories. MFP is set to 1200 calories, I eat between 1600-2000 calories a day once I add in my exercise.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • haylesmom
    haylesmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • aoiiife2
    aoiiife2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you think 1400 calories a day can help me lose 2 pounds a week if I also run up and down the stairs for30 minutes which burns on average 330 calories!i have been doing this for 18 days and no change!i just am so confused what I'm doing wrong!btw I'm 5ft 8 and 185lbs
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    wow - what an amazing job you've done! Thanks for posting and for the inspiration!
  • FPmwm
    FPmwm Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story. I am 5 foot 8; started at 236 on 8/1; my goal is to lose 76 pounds in 12 months or less, to reach the normal range of BMI index. Down 12+ pounds so far, just using MFP and getting my a** moving. Every day one makes choices. It will never be easy or natural for me (I simply love to cook and eat too much), but if I stay *aware* I can remember that I will eat again before long :) You are beautiful and fit - Keep up the great work B)
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and also about 20 years younger! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!