I can't even... without

Options
What is the one thing besides MFP of course that you would say has helped you tremendously in your journey? Mine would probably be hot sauce. LOL

Replies

• scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Sugar free polos and sugar free chupa chups
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I don't think I would have made it without hot sauce.
  • boulank
    boulank Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Food scale

Same here
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Fiber. Upping my fiber helped quite a bit.

Hot sauce is yummy but I ate a lot of it when I was gaining so not sure it can get credit here. Our tomato plants have stopped producing but our peppers show no signs of slowing so we are making our own hot sauce for the first time this year. I can't believe how awesome it is. I may never buy hot sauce again. :)

That sounds fabulous. What recipe are you using? I have an insane number of canned jalapenos still in stock, so this year I am letting the jalas and anchos turn red and then throwing them in the freezer to make hot sauce down the road.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Fiber. Upping my fiber helped quite a bit.

Hot sauce is yummy but I ate a lot of it when I was gaining so not sure it can get credit here. Our tomato plants have stopped producing but our peppers show no signs of slowing so we are making our own hot sauce for the first time this year. I can't believe how awesome it is. I may never buy hot sauce again. :)

That sounds fabulous. What recipe are you using? I have an insane number of canned jalapenos still in stock, so this year I am letting the jalas and anchos turn red and then throwing them in the freezer to make hot sauce down the road.

Check out this site: http://www.chilipeppermadness.com/

We typically alter recipes to suite our tastes or what we have available but we've used a few of these as a base. We have both purple carrots and purple cayenne ready now so last night I altered the chili-carrot hot sauce recipe and made purple hot sauce. I also made the habanero jelly from that site last night but I'm a little afraid to taste it now. It was so hot I had to wear a mask while cooking it because it was burning my nose and mouth. LOL
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    What is the one thing besides MFP of course that you would say has helped you tremendously in your journey?

1. Food scale ... so eye opening.

2. Exercise.

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Food scale and tea!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    The fact I naturally love vegetables and nutrient dense foods.

Taking up eating meat again. I was struggling on a vegetarian diet once I took up weights for some reason in spite of adequate protein.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My Garmin

wmmpjfdbeu65.png
  • RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Arla Protein yogurts - I swear by these and I can now get them in most supermarkets 142 cal, 1g fat 20g protein I've found it difficult finding something so good on the Macros which keeps me full and they are actually Quark rather than yogurt but in fruity flavours!

The staff in my gym - I can happily gym on my own but that can get boring, I try and incorporate a few classes in a week, chatting to them and having their support is really motivating.

Accurate tracking - Im with everyone on here who has said scales, before I had no idea how heavy my chicken breast was so was using a generic one, oh my how wrong it was!

Giving up diet fizzy drinks (for the most part) I'm not sure if this has helped my journey or anything but I certainly feel so much better without them