New Mama 12 Week Challenge Group!

Options
Hey mamas! I'm Elisabeth, a 28 year old mama to two sweet daughters- a three year old and a 5 month old. I am needing more support and accountability in my life, so I am starting this challenge group! I want to find my spark again and feel strong and healthy. I need to lose about 48 lbs. overall before I hit my ultimate pre-baby weight, but in these 12 weeks, I am aiming to lose 20 lbs.

Height: 5'7"
Starting Weight: 233.5
Goal Weight for 12 week Challenge: 213.5
Ultimate Goal Weight: 185

I am still breastfeeding my baby exclusively, so I am finding my sweet spot of daily caloric intake so I can still lose weight, while maintaining my milk supply.

So, who's with me? Feel free to add me, and let's help encourage one another!

Random Facts about me: I love Seinfeld, anything French, all ice cream, and I hate coffee!

Weigh-In Day will be Thursdays, by the way!

Replies

• jaannagodine
    jaannagodine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Ja'Anna, 25 year mom of 2 boys (3 y.o. and 7 month old). I am totally with you. I too need some support and accountability. I need to lose about 30 lbs. to be at my pre baby(ies) weight. I wouldn't mind losing 10-15 lbs. in 12 weeks.

Height: 5'7"
    Starting weight: 195.4
    Goal weight for 12-wk challenge: 185-180
    Ultimate goal weight: 165
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    So nice to meet you, Ja'Anna! Let's do this!
  • booknerd57
    booknerd57 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I am so excited for this challenge! I definitely need something to help get me some momentum! My name is Maureen. I have one little boy (2 month old). I have one more week of maternity leave and am sad to be going back to work.
    I have quite a bit of weight to lose, so hopefully this helps get me closer!

Starting weight: 285
    Goal weight for challenge: 270
    Ultimate goal weight: 175

P.S. I was a French major in college. It's nice to find another Francophile!
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need-thanks Elisabeth! I'm Kathleen, 27 years a old, and I have a 2 month old son. My food diary is set to open, which I hope will keep me more honest ;) I've been keeping my calorie intake quite high as I am also breastfeeding.

Height: 5' 3"
    Starting Weight: 193.2
    Goal weight for 12 week challenge: 180
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140

Random facts: I also hate coffee, I live in a house built in 1920, I have a dog named Sochi named for the city the Winter Olympics were held in the month we adopted her
  • jaannagodine
    Options
    Nice to meet you ladies. Thanks Elisabeth! I'm excited for this challenge. I am also exclusively breastfeeding and I have a weakness for sweets. Literally no self control, unfortunately.

Random facts: I have a pitbull named Kobe, after our (hubby and I) favorite NBA player Kobe Bryant. And I'm from Mississippi, GO BULLDOGS! :smile:
  • KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Will we be using this post or starting a group?

Height: 5'11
    Starting Weight: 190
    Goal Weight for 12 week Challenge: 164

I have been pregnant or breastfeeding consecutively for the last 46 months with no plans of stopping soon. I have a 3 year old and a 11 month old!
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you ladies. Thanks Elisabeth! I'm excited for this challenge. I am also exclusively breastfeeding and I have a weakness for sweets. Literally no self control, unfortunately.

Random facts: I have a pitbull named Kobe, after our (hubby and I) favorite NBA player Kobe Bryant. And I'm from Mississippi, GO BULLDOGS! :smile:

Totally understand the sweets weakness!!!
  • booknerd57
    Options
    I have a weakness for sweet too!! Especially ice cream...

Random facts: I have two cats and I love to bake
  • jaannagodine
    Options
    booknerd57 wrote: »

Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch is my secret addiction but I have not had none in about a month and I'm happy about it. Because when I start eating a jar, I just cannot stop. It. Is. HORRIBLE. Instead I have been substituting it with vanilla greek yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit or dark chocolate chips and sliced almonds. :smiley:
  • bitabee
    Options

Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch is my secret addiction but I have not had none in about a month and I'm happy about it. Because when I start eating a jar, I just cannot stop. It. Is. HORRIBLE. Instead I have been substituting it with vanilla greek yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit or dark chocolate chips and sliced almonds. :smiley:

ooooh both sound amazing! Yes, I'm like that with Ben & Jerry's!!
  • bitabee
    Options

I love to bake too! Have you seen the GBBO? (Great British Baking Show)? On Netflix! It's my favorite everrrr. I also love France- my favorite country to visit!
  • bitabee
    Options
    Will we be using this post or starting a group?

Height: 5'11
    Starting Weight: 190
    Goal Weight for 12 week Challenge: 164

I have been pregnant or breastfeeding consecutively for the last 46 months with no plans of stopping soon. I have a 3 year old and a 11 month old!

Sounds great! Yes, I should start a group- let me look into that!
  • bitabee
    Options
    Hey ladies, per KetoZombies idea, I created a Group! It's under the Community Page, then under groups...search for "New Mama 12 Week Challenge"- once you apply, I can quickly accept you. I'm excited about this!!
  • booknerd57
    Options
    bitabee wrote: »

I love to bake too! Have you seen the GBBO? (Great British Baking Show)? On Netflix! It's my favorite everrrr. I also love France- my favorite country to visit!

Yes! I hope one day my baking is worthy of the Hollywood handshake LoL
  • lvromero3
    lvromero3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm so glad I found this b/c it's exactly what I need!! Motivation, support & accountability!!

I'm Victoria, I'm 34 yrs old and I have a 4 month old & an 8 yr old. Since having my baby I've been gaining weight like crazy!! I'm up 16lbs :(

I'm also breastfeeding and have been having a hard time finding the right balance of calorie intake where I don't jeopardize supply or feel like I'm starving (or wanna kill someone lol) and then ending up going WAY over right before bed.. I seem to crave sweets & carbs all day long!

Oh and it doesn't help that my partner has an insanely high metabolism rate & can eat whatever & not gain a single pound whereas I even look at anything and I've gained 10lbs!!

Height: 5'3
    Starting weight: 239
    Challenge weight loss goal: 16lbs
    Ultimate weight goal (for now): 200

• lvromero3
    lvromero3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't know how to add anyone or anything here :neutral:
  • lightbulb137
    lightbulb137 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the challenge but I can't find the group when I search?

I'm 6 months post-partum, recently got the baby weight off but still some left to lose!

SW: 152lbs CW: 133 lbs GW: 120 lbs

In 12 weeks I'd like to get to 122 lbs, or at least to 125lbs!
  • Tiff4q
    Tiff4q Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Don't know where to go or how to join up with you but I have a 7 week old I am breastfeeding. I am 5'6" and 284 lbs. What do I do?
  • PowerWithin5
    PowerWithin5 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Count me in! Not sure how to get added. I am 32yo, 5’ 3”. I have a 6yo, 4.5yo, and a 6month old! I exclusively breastfeed and I’m hungry all the time and not sure how to exercise and lose weight when all I want to do is eat and keep my milk supply up. I currently weigh 234.9 my goal weight is 130 but over the next 12 weeks I'd like to lose 20 pounds. I need help! Thanks