A month 'o challenges - August 2011

Options
I'm challenging myself each week in August!!! Wanna join? These challenges are not going to be easy, but I think we'll all be stronger if we survive! ;)

Each week will have an exercise and food challenge.

Each Sunday night, I'll give you a new challenge that will begin on Monday. Post your successes and struggles whenever and numbers/averages/whatever on Sunday night.

Week #1 Calories out and sodium!!!

Goal: Calories: burn 4000 or more calories
Goal: Sodium: consume less than 2000mg of sodium each day.

Let's get this!!!!

Time frame: Monday (8/1) morning to Sunday (8/7) night

Replies

• FruitLoop05317
    Options
    i will give it a try. the sodium will be easy...but i will work on the calories out!!
  • sheahna1
    sheahna1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'll be happy to join you...the harder the challenge the better the rewards :smile:
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    I'll play along....sodium not a problem but 4000 calories a week? Now that's a challenge! I average about 2500 a week, but I can do it.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me! I'm totally in! However, since I am injured, I'm no sure I can reach that 4,000 calories, but I will sure try in as many ways as possible! Sodium is always a biotch for me...so this is a good challenge for me to really watch how much sodium is in my foods!!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I will give it a shot...not sure if I will be able to do the sodium, just took a look and yikes! calories burning 4000 in a week? that should be fairly easy I hope...
  • Bunnzye
    Bunnzye Posts: 39
    Options
    I'M LIKE SPONGEBOB NOW - I'M READY - I'M READY!! THIS IS SOMEWHAT OF A CHALLENGE, ESPECIALLY THE SODIUM PART, I NEED THAT CHALLENGE BADLY. MY FEET AND KNEES ARE SHOT BUT I'M MAKING THAT 4000 BURN!!
  • Bunnzye
    Bunnzye Posts: 39
    Options
    I'M WITH YOU ON THE SODIUM BUT I NEED TO DO IT BAD - ITS EASIER WHEN A PEER CHALLENGES ME THEN LISTENING TO MY DOCTOR!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome aboard! Both are going to be challenges for me, but they're both things that I really need to work on. Glad you're all joining me for this challenge!
  • alsnipes
    alsnipes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in... bye bye sodium! i'll miss you.
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! Looking for a way to break through this plateau
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • AParker1974
    AParker1974 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am in...think I can do it, we'll see!!
  • love_30034
    Options
    IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEGGO!
  • makeupartist12
    Options
    im in!!!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good morning to you all.

Today is the day - It's Monday ("I'm going to start 'fill in the blank' on Monday") AND it's the 1st of the month ("I'll be bad up until August and start over then." OR "I need a new challenge, maybe one that will last all month...I'll start it in August.") AWESOME day to start a month-long challenge!

Ok, so remember that the goal is 4000 calories burned and a max of 2000mg of sodium consumed.

Sodium: Sodium is in everything!!!! Have you read the label of a frozen dinner? Canned soup? Spaghetti'Os? Our bodies are paying for the convenience that these foods bring. Yes, fresh fruits and veggies are expensive, but I'd rather skip that frozen dinner at $3 and opt for something that will not hurt me in the long run (and will ultimately lead to health problems which can be so so so expensive).

Some tips:
    When shopping, look for "whole" as the first ingredient.
    When buying yogurt, shoot for about 12g of sugar per 6oz.
    Drink tea (green or black is good). Tea will flush out your system and is a good alternative when water gets boring.

Today is the first day - - - and the best is yet to come! :drinker: <--- water, of course!
  • Juniper88
    Juniper88 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm in. Not quite sure how "successful" I will be as I average around 3000 cals burned per week and sodium is an issue of mine. BUT, I will try to at least be/do much "better" if I cannot make it 100%. CHALLENGING!:laugh:
  • nut3llahh
    Options
    I am game!! Sodium shouldn't be too much of a problem Ive already learn to cut it significantly, calories on the other hand, gonna be tough.
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Can I still join? Would love to participate too!

Thanks
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have todays and tomorrow's meals planned already and they come in just under the 2000mg of sodium. Does anyone have any good low sodium meal ideas for the rest of the week?
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    4000?
    is that including your daily what youd normally burn or is this purely additional exercise that you undertake?