Good smoothie recipes?

Options
MrsFarrow
MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
Anyone have any delish smoothie recipes? I have a ridiculous amount of fresh and frozen fruit right now, chocolate soy protein powder, chocolate meal replacement powder (can you tell I like chocolate?) and a bunch of other things I can use. My only issue is I only have a Magic Bullet, I don't have a full on blender, so my portions have to be on the smaller side :) Post away! Also, any sites would be appreciated as well!

Replies

• akninsas
    akninsas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Take about a cup of your frozen fruit, add the protein powder, and Almond milk (i just add a little at a time until it reaches the thickness that I want). It is so yummy and filling!!!
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    I wanna get a magic bullet for my shakeology. I have the chocolate shakeology and i add a tbsp of peanut butter natural and a banana sometimes. Also i like strawberries & blueberries w/ it. Um... the possibilities are endless, i love coconut too.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    try chocolate protein powder, mocha cappuccino powder, shredded coconut, and dark cherries :)))))
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    My fiancé and I just made smoothies tonight!

1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup apple sauce
    1 cup soy milk
    1/2 cup frozen peaches

Yummy! Made 2 12 oz servings at about 225 calories each!
    You could also easily add protein powder
  • dailyorange
    Options
    I love chocolate too! I made this today. 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa, 1 cup almond milk, ice cubes, stevia. Nice chocolatey shake! A lot of times I also add a handful of spinach for added nutrition =)
  • pffssas
    pffssas Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i dissolve 1/2 tbsp of honey (for sweetener) in 1cup of warm water...then blend 1.5cups of frozen fruits in the honey water. low cals, very refreshing. 2 servings fulfills ur fruit servings for the day
  • pffssas
    pffssas Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    too much honey will taint the taste...use sparingly!!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    1/2-1 banana (depending on how much will fit in your bullet)
    some ice
    1tbsp peanut butter
    your protein power (add that last after everything is blended and give it a quick whir)
    either a plash of milk/water/soy milk so it's not so thick.
    some flax seed

(when it comes to smoothies, i just grab whatever fruit i have and toss it in the blender)

enjoy! :)
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Funny, I was just going to post this exact same topic! Great minds think alike! :drinker:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Chocolate De-Lite
    1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
    1/2 cup milk, nonfat
    1/2 cup well chilled silken tofu
    3 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tsp flaxseed powder
    now for me I always adjust recipes to my taste and what I have on hand. You can always omit the cocoa & tofu since you hav protein powder. I .frozen cherries for the raspberries one time...I swear it tasted like a chocolate covered cherry candy!!!!!!!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My husband just made this one and it's DELICIOUS!!

We ran out of fruit - but if you have fresh strawberries then it would be OUTSTANDING I'm sure!

(makes 2 servings)
    2 cups silk coconut milk (vanilla)
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder (he used eas soy)
    1 cup light non-fat strawberry yogurt
    ice to thicken

it's fantastic!!

[per serving: calories- 300 carbs- 27 fat- 7 protein- 24]
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    1 cup milk, 1 frozen banana, honey to sweeten. Add an extra frozen banana (or cut the milk in half) and it becomes more like banana ice cream!

You can also do this with the chocolate protein etc...just do 1 cup milk, 1 frozen banana and a serving of the protein powder. You can use sugar free chocolate syrup to make it extra chocolaty.

1 cup milk, 1 serving chocolate powder, 1 tsp (might be tbsp, whatever the directions say) instant coffee & ice (just keep adding for thickness). Makes like frappuccino at home.

--- Fruit smoothies - Pretty much ANY combination. I love me some homemade fruit smoothies.
    1 cup juice, half a frozen banana, and any other frozen fruit you want.

My favorite to make is 1 cup orange juice, 1 frozen banana, and about 10 strawberries....comes out really thick and yummy!