Bloated while on a low carb, low diet, and hugh intensity excercise

Options
Hello,

So i just started a low carb low calorie diet where it seems I can not beat the bloat. I have been eating relatively healthy for the past 3 years (under 1200 calories a day) and i run 2 a days (4 miles in the morning and 4 miles at night) and i noticed i havent been losing any weight. I do have my cheat days on the weekenda but normally by Wednesday i am back to normal - but recently I can not seem to gwt that flat stomach i used to have a few months ago all of a sudden - so i decided to ditch my healthg carbs ( whole weat, fruits, starch) for a low carb low calorie which im almost down to 500 xalories a day
Breakfast: Egg whites with peppers (6 tablespoons)
Lunch: salade with grilled chicken (4oz) that i bake in the oven so its not pre packaged with high sodium. No dressing, just veggies and salsa
Dinner: salade with a 4oz turkey patty i grill. No dressing, just veggies and salsa.

I also jog 4 miles in the morning and at night - and i out spicies on my food but they are all sodium free. I drink green tea in the morning and caffeine free tea before bed and do mt best to drino enough water.

I do still hav ky cheat days on the weekend when i do indulge in carbs but thats it - but with a strict diet and high intensity exceecise i still am bloated. Any suggestiona? Tips? Or change in diet? Ive been doinf researxhch and am thinking the calirie defiect is stopping my metabolism, or need to add more fats, or carbs, or switch to running 1 a day and not 2 due to possible high cristol from stress?!?

Replies

• KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight
  • KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Matters to me, he is saying he can't lose the bloat, I'm curious if he has any weight to lose or its possibly another issue - At 500 calories a day, he should be losing weight at a very unhealthy and alarming weight

doesnt matter his height and weight atm, he is eating too little.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Matters to me, he is saying he can't lose the bloat, I'm curious if he has any weight to lose or its possibly another issue - At 500 calories a day, he should be losing weight at a very unhealthy and alarming weight

doesnt matter his height and weight atm, he is eating too little.

whether he has more weight to lose or not. his not eating enough and basically starving himself is the bigger issue no matter if he is larger or not.even a woman eating 500 calories is not enough. bloating can be a sign of many things no matter your size or how much weight you have to lose. and eating so little can cause you to bloat due to vitamin deficiencies, malnutrition and other health issues.. even if his "bloat" is fat starving and over exercising is not the way to lose it and you cant spot reduce fat. if he has been eating so little he wouldnt lose at an alarming rate because adaptive thermogenesis kicks in and his metabolism will slow down due to the lower calories to preserve energy.

not to mention the muscle and lean mass he is losing(the heart is also a muscle). He is putting too much stress on his body and that can raise cortisol levels which can mean NO weight loss.read what happens when an increase in cortisol happens(which its called the stress hormone) it can do all sorts of nasty things to your body.adding on more stress by running twice a day makes things worse. He needs to see more than one type of dr and get his eating under control for one,before things get worse.Then he can be checked for an underlying condition.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Eat more, you're starving yourself if what you say is true. Focus on moderate weight loss -- 1-2 pounds per week.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    This is not healthy, physically or mentally.

See a doctor and a dietician (not a nutritionist).

Best wishes.