Hello!

Options
I'm new to the boards, but I've been using MFP for a couple of months now. My goal is to lose between 50 and 100 lbs in the course of a year or two. Two months in, I've lost 7 lbs, so I'm pretty pleased with that, though the attempt to ratchet down to 2 lbs a week has been pretty brutal, with some frustrating fluctuations in mood and eating pattern as I've been pushing myself to longer bouts of cardio each day, about 5 times a week. I'm planning to see a nutritionist as soon as I can get a referral so I can get some knowledgeable guidance on this, as the doctor who suggested the diet is pushing hard for faster loss than is healthy. I may be able to see a physical therapist as well, though that's more iffy.

When not logging food and exercise -- or blogging about this lifestyle change -- I hang out with friends online and face to face between bouts of house cleaning and de-cluttering after a long illness. The cleaning and de-cluttering is a good deal of my aerobics, and so far it is serving me well, but I am also extending my walking time and distance so I can get around better on my own. I mostly cook from scratch for my roommate and myself when I'm able, and, fortunately, that's getting easier.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure anyone knows what your questions are, assuming you have questions.
  • barbaralummus
    barbaralummus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    rdix333 wrote: »
    I'm not sure anyone knows what your questions are, assuming you have questions.

I don't at this point. It's an introductory post.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing! You're set up for success! I can't wait to see how your journey goes. Good luck!
  • barbaralummus
    barbaralummus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Rachel! All the best to you as well!