So I shaved my head 4 years ago....

Options
Gaygirl2120
Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
So I wore my hair relaxed for my entire life. But when I was 31-32 I was sick of using all those chemicals on my hair. So I literally went to a barber shop & told them to shave my head. They looked at me like I was crazy. But here I am 4 years later & I have never regretted it.

bnbfclloaf8c.jpg
7j2vfgb6381r.jpg

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • JimmyTooStrong
    JimmyTooStrong Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I shaved my head from 1998-2000.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    That looks really nice! That barber did a great job. :) I bet it feels good too.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I shaved my head about 9 months ago but it was because I had lice
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'll be doing the same thing, when the weather here within New Jersey; gets cold enough to've to wear a hat! I'll be able to donate, my hair; since it qualifies but I am doing it to alleviate the chore, of dealing with it; since my disability's getting worse & to save money because I hate up~dos, unless they're necessary because it begins to hurt, my scalp but I shed, worse than a dog; I literally've to vacuum daily & go through 4 vacuums annually! The money that I'll save, via not having to replace vacuums; as often & using less shampoo/conditioner, I'll put towards hiring someone once monthly to take me to run errands, help me batch cook & scrub my outdoor clothes drying rack.

I'll get a wig just in case, the way that I'll look; horrifies me without hair but I've found that a regular average cost wig, via a Halloween/Party store's adequate when classmates had mistaken my curly wig hair for a costume then; as being my actual normally straight hair!
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Your hair is absolutely gorgeous.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    Thank you! I think some people misunderstood though. The 2nd pic is my hair now. I haven't shaved it since the first time & don't plan to lol!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    Thank you! I think some people misunderstood though. The 2nd pic is my hair now. I haven't shaved it since the first time & don't plan to lol!

Your hair is the bomb! I love it now too! <3
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I always wished I had curly hair, but it was pretty straight. So then it was short for years, and now that I'm growing it out it's curly, but only the under layers! I wish mine would grow in curly all over! :D
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I <3 natural hair! So pretty!
  • oobakedbeans
    oobakedbeans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! I shaved my head last year around this time....I've had alopecia for almost a decade and was always ashamed of my head....and then i buzzed all that was left, off....i was always afraid of my boyfriend seeing my head, but after i buzzed it, i became so confident...now I walk around bald at home. Next year I plan to start going out in public :)
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    Gorgeous! I shaved my head last year around this time....I've had alopecia for almost a decade and was always ashamed of my head....and then i buzzed all that was left, off....i was always afraid of my boyfriend seeing my head, but after i buzzed it, i became so confident...now I walk around bald at home. Next year I plan to start going out in public :)

That's amazing! Good for you!
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I'll only shave mine once as well, it'll take 3 years prior to me needing to get another hair cut thereafter; so that should grant me enough time to focus upon finishing with getting rid of all of my excess weight also!
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    So I wore my hair relaxed for my entire life. But when I was 31-32 I was sick of using all those chemicals on my hair. So I literally went to a barber shop & told them to shave my head. They looked at me like I was crazy. But here I am 4 years later & I have never regretted it.

bnbfclloaf8c.jpg
    7j2vfgb6381r.jpg

I adore your hair! Looks really healthy now too.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    impyimpyaj wrote: »
    I always wished I had curly hair, but it was pretty straight. So then it was short for years, and now that I'm growing it out it's curly, but only the under layers! I wish mine would grow in curly all over! :D

be careful what you wish for. lol most of my life my hair was wavy,as I have gotten older its now curlier than ever. looks like I have a perm and I havent had a perm in over 21 years. now to even straighten it is a chore and the shorter it is the more it wants to curl. They say hair cant change,lol I beg to differ
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Beautiful pics! I did the same in the early 00's. Love my natural hair. :)
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    Speak of hair, I love redheads <3

I like blondes