So I shaved my head 4 years ago....

Options
2»

Replies

• Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I know two ladies with the same hair as you. Young women.

One has red dye and the other purple and green.

I'm sticking with the black. It took me 4 years to grow my hair this long. I don't want to risk any damage. As much as I'd like to play around with color.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Beautiful then

...... even more so now.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Beautiful then

...... even more so now.

Thanks!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Your hair is gorgeous. You look like you have a nice shaped head, so it looked good shaved too!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Your hair looks so healthy! Do you have to do anything special to it now?
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    Your hair looks so healthy! Do you have to do anything special to it now?

I have to detangle it weekly & I have my favorite products to keep it styled & moisturizes. But it's pretty low maintenance.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Short hair is very liberating and you wore it well. But I think your curly hair now is really beautiful and if it's not too much trouble, you should keep it like it is before it starts turning grey.

Oh this hair isn't going anywhere! I'm just letting nature take its course! Thanks
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Short hair is beautiful. I've had a pixie cut before but sometimes strangers called me names and gave me angry looks.

I think with me it was a cultural thing. If I don't have long hair then I risk being labeled as a feminist, gay, or something else. That was my experience. Often I felt put on the spot in public for being a lady with very short hair.

I support men being allowed to grow long hair and women who want to have a shaved head because they can.

I didn't miss having to keep my hair in a bun, or ponytail, 90% of the time along with the up keep. I eventually grew comfortable with my style and brush off people who object to it. Either way, long or short hair you do you and enjoy.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Sivadee00 wrote: »
    Short hair is beautiful. I've had a pixie cut before but sometimes strangers called me names and gave me angry looks.

I think with me it was a cultural thing. If I don't have long hair then I risk being labeled as a feminist, gay, or something else. That was my experience. Often I felt put on the spot in public for being a lady with very short hair.

I support men being allowed to grow long hair and women who want to have a shaved head because they can.

I didn't miss having to keep my hair in a bun, or ponytail, 90% of the time along with the up keep. I eventually grew comfortable with my style and brush off people who object to it. Either way, long or short hair you do you and enjoy.

I have whats called a long pixie of course its longer now but was kinda hesitant about it. but hey if you can rock short hair or shaved hair I say go for it. I dont miss long hair or the upkeep either.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sivadee00 wrote: »
    ...If I don't have long hair then I risk being labeled as a feminist, gay, or something else...

Meh. I couldn't care less what other people think of my hair. That's nothing to me. I guess those labels are supposed to be insulting? Maybe to some people, but that's not my problem. (Maybe that's just an old lady thing. I've stopped caring about other people's hangups long ago.) I would probably feel differently if I lived in a place where being one of those things could make me a target for violence, though! But thankfully, I live in a place where I can freely express myself without risking my life. I do take my husband's opinions into account, but he seems to think I'm adorable no matter what, so...

584p6a1n2ybp.gif
  • rawrrgenn
    rawrrgenn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    wow! I'm growing out my shaved head too B)B)
  • MikeinNOLA
    MikeinNOLA Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I shaved my head 15 years ago because I was tiered of paying for haircuts. Still at it, although I have to shave less of it now.