Help! Feeling disheartened :(

Options
Hiya!
So I've been tracking all my dietary intake on mfp and I regularly do hiit and go to the gym 3 times a week. I always ensure I do at least 30 mins cardiovascular followed by strength training (I literally feel exhausted after each session) however I'm not losing weight I'm just maintaining.
I had a baby 10 weeks ago and stopped breastfeeding 5 weeks ago. My stomach is shrinking and I can see muscle definition starting to appear but the scales say the same.
I'm 12lb away from pre pregnancy weight and really am trying hard to get back there. I have a family occasion I want to be at my best for in 8weeks.
I feel really down that I'm trying so hard and the scales remain the same.
Any suggestions where I'm going wrong?

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    You don't mentioned some key information which will help direct the advice you get:-

Height, current weight, goal weight, calories target given to you by MFP, how long you've been dieting for, how you measure what you eat and drink.

All the above will help to get you accurate and tailored advice.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    What is your height, current weight, goal weight? Are you weighing all foods on a food scale in grams?
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Question -- if your stomach is shrinking and muscles are getting more defined, why does the weight on the scale matter?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Answers to the questiona above would be helpful, and I agree you may just ned a bit more time. Your body goes through 9 months of changes to make the baby, so remember you have only given it 1/3 of the time so far to return.

That being said, if you have made all these changes within the past 2 weeks then give it more time before you decide it isnt working. When you asd new exercise or change your routone muscles often temporarily retain water, so that extra weight could be masking weight loss.

If this is after 4-6 weeks then it probably is time to re-evaluate your plan. Ultimately, if you are not losing, you are either eating more than you think, burning less than you think, or a combo of the two. Since you think you are at maintenance that gives you a good starting point.

If you are not using a food scale and logging accurately all day every day then that may be a place for you to start. If getting that serious about your logging isn't for you, then do what you have been doing but cut your calorie goal. Keep in mind that with only 12 lbs to lose you shouldnt be seeing fast weight loss. About 0.5 lbs a week would be reasonable, so a deficit of 250 calories a day.

Good luck! Congrats on the new little one!