Show off your home gym

Options

Replies

• Int3rceptor
    Int3rceptor Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Titanuim wrote: »
    Finally got around to clearing my garage out to make room for my power cage and punch bag stand.
    Not overly impressive but functional with plenty of room.

gjt2rcmlasua.jpg

Look at those sweet fractional plates scattered around like lollies :)

Ha! Unfortunately they are only 1 inch plates so don't fit the Olympic bar!
    I was just having a sort out :smiley:
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Here's my setup. Converted a couple bedrooms in my basement into my gym.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Gym, office, art studio!
    bizxno36jjyb.jpg
    srpe5eb849ag.jpg
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who posted, while our spaces may not be exactly what we want, they sure beat nothing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My muilti-purpose "woman cave", greatly enhanced when my trainer closed his business. :'(
    I do have a shorter bar and plates not visible in this pic. I think I got the plate rack after these were taken.
    mrof7xly1fcc.jpg
    bqriqsjucbld.jpg
    sbc8kkdqyrhe.jpg
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Here's what the garage portion of my home "gym" looks like. It's very cluttered but very well equipped.

The rack's in the back w/an EliteFTS safety squat bar in it and a Rogue multipurpose bar clamped on top for pullups. Deadlift station is in front. Hard to see but there are a GHD and dip station on the left. An adjustable flat/incline bench, extra bars, plates, adjustable dumbbells, belts and a sissy squat station are on the right. Couple of plyo boxes and a vest are somewhere in the pic too. Not pictured are a LeMond spin bike and Concept 2 rower in the house and a mini-crossfit set up w/a sled, tractor tire, sledge hammers and battle ropes in the backyard.

Works well for me.

loau5dsyga7p.jpg

BTW: There's a 2 car garage further to the right. Can only use the trap bars and set up the farmer's walk handles when I move the cars parked there to open that space up. So, that doesn't happen very often.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My home gym is actually my kid's playroom/multimedia room. The stack of dumbells next to the box of yoga mats are really plastic toys because my kids kept fighting over my 2lb pink ones. Now they "lift" with me and I don't have to argue with them when I want my 2lb weights, which to be fair doesn't happen often anymore.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Two or three weeks ago I helped a box move and the owner gave me the surplus flooring she was going to toss. I finished installing it this morning -- I cut scraps to fit on the end of the platforms to finish off the edges.

yp33fsgku78t.jpg
    teb9pp0hfij2.jpg

All I need to do is place contractor hoop loop carpet on the deadlift platform and below the squat rack to make it USAPL and IPF legal.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My gym is currently in my master bedroom.
    ojrzt8arckkr.jpg
    It's a bit limited as I'm buying plates as I need them.

5iydxfna4doa.jpg
    My second bench that I use for hip thrusts and my yoga mat for floor work.
    I also have an over the door bar for pull ups, chin ups and leg raises.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at getting a Titan fold away rack. I still want to park in the garage.
  • JiveMaster
    JiveMaster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Really like the all black look.

Here is mine.

727owu3tyjzu.jpg
    qmc0ia012tsr.jpg
    b6ihb9s59bzp.jpg
    Options
    I love seeing what other have done with their home spaces.

@capaul42 : Are you worried about the floors in your bedroom?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    b153k6o5i3vn.jpg

Backside supports are holding dumbbell bars, on top is curl bar.

Back to front usage - Squat rack, bench supports, safety catch, bent-over row/DL bar holder (no weights dropped on floor desired either), OHP/incline bench supports, incline safety catch, pullup bar.

Custom built for my size, so non-adjustable, so I better not grow or shrink.

I am needing to add some extra height to bottom support that is removable, for calf stretch mainly, but calf raises too.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

Nah. I don't drop weights. And the floor is only laminate. We plan on going hardwood in a few years so I'm not too concerned. I'll be moving to basement most likely in a few months when I've cleared room.
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »

Nah. I don't drop weights. And the floor is only laminate. We plan on going hardwood in a few years so I'm not too concerned. I'll be moving to basement most likely in a few months when I've cleared room.

I couldn't wait to move my gym from the garage to the basement. Year-round training at home.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    In the spring I'm constructing a large shed/small garage that will contain all my weight equipment. Its currently all on my back porch which I've enclosed "temporarily". Plus my wife has a recombant bike and an eliptical in our spare room.
    Never thought I'd have quite so much fitness related stuff.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    This is both envy inducing and hilarious. My little kit in my one bed London flat. Pull my coffee table back via the rug it on to create a space for my rubber mat (thanks Beachbody for once!). Oh and all my mats are currently kitten ravaged, will replace once he's not so hell bent on destroying them. I also have a pull up bar (not in use as yet.....) and an overdoor suspension thing but I don't really have anywhere with practical width for it but it's there for some stabilisation and strength stuff when I can be bothered.

But, this is all to show it's not what you got but how smartly you use it. I get in my cardio, strength and flexibility in without ever setting foot in a gym in not much more than the space of a yoga mat.

wq42mdxjielp.jpg
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    These are impressive home gyms. I'm only starting to collect so far I have only a few kettlebells and dumbbells.