Aiding in weight loss

Options
bgonzalez_2016
bgonzalez_2016 Posts: 24 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys maybe you guys can help me out ... I cut my calorie intake from 1500 to 1200, completely cut out soda and red meat (except for seafood and chicken) Eating 3 servings of veggies daily, staying under 135 carbs a day, doing 35-45 minutes of HIIT everyday 5x a week, and only managed to lose 3 lbs in 2 weeks

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Only? That's great progress - maybe you should have more realistic expectations. How much did you think you should lose in only 2 weeks?

I was reading in an article on Live strong that the first week you should see a significantly weight loss 3-5 lbs since it's the first week and every week after that should be between 1 to 2 pounds a week...I guess I had high expectations lol

You should only lose 2 lbs a week if you're over 200 lbs.

How much do you have to lose?
  • bgonzalez_2016
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Only? That's great progress - maybe you should have more realistic expectations. How much did you think you should lose in only 2 weeks?

I was reading in an article on Live strong that the first week you should see a significantly weight loss 3-5 lbs since it's the first week and every week after that should be between 1 to 2 pounds a week...I guess I had high expectations lol

You should only lose 2 lbs a week if you're over 200 lbs.

How much do you have to lose?

I want to lose 40 lbs I'm at 185 and want to get to 145
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    1 lb/week is normal then. Sometimes you do see a bigger loss in the first couple of weeks, but it's mostly water weight. And although it's common, it's not universal.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    @bgonzalez_2016 First off, that is great progress. Someone else stated this, and I agree....you might want to readjust your expectations. And, not saying that with any tone or any negative vibe. I say this as I know that the written word does not convey the spirit of the message being sent necessarily.

And, I will ask - what are your other stats? Obviously you are female. You weigh 185lbs. If I might ask, how tall are you and how old are you? The reason that I ask those questions is so that we might help you - if you are interested - in determining a few things.

Also, before you cut your Caloric Intake from 1500 calories to 1200 calories, for how long were you on 1,500 calories? And, for how long have you been at 1200 calories?

At what caloric intake level were you before the 1500 calories?

The reason that I am asking.....I see a lot of females who cut their calories really low (not judging.....just notice trends) and do a lot of cardio and they end up putting themselves in a very undesirable place over time. Especially if they have 'dieted' a bunch of times in their lives. The human body adapts very well - up or down - and becomes very efficient at things....thus, the need to do more to see any gains. So, eventually 45 minutes of cardio is not effective for you....you need to do one hour.....and then 75 minutes and then 90 minutes and and and...

Make sense?

Not jumping on your case about anything.....just asking - hopefully - some good questions.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @bgonzalez_2016 First off, that is great progress. Someone else stated this, and I agree....you might want to readjust your expectations. And, not saying that with any tone or any negative vibe. I say this as I know that the written word does not convey the spirit of the message being sent necessarily.

And, I will ask - what are your other stats? Obviously you are female. You weigh 185lbs. If I might ask, how tall are you and how old are you? The reason that I ask those questions is so that we might help you - if you are interested - in determining a few things.

Also, before you cut your Caloric Intake from 1500 calories to 1200 calories, for how long were you on 1,500 calories? And, for how long have you been at 1200 calories?

The reason that I am asking.....I see a lot of females who cut their calories really low (not judging.....just notice trends) and do a lot of cardio and they end up putting themselves in a very undesirable place over time. Especially if they have 'dieted' a bunch of times in their lives. The human body adapts very well - up or down - and becomes very efficient at things....thus, the need to do more to see any gains. So, eventually 45 minutes of cardio is not effective for you....you need to do one hour.....and then 75 minutes and then 90 minutes and and and...

Make sense?

Not jumping on your case about anything.....just asking - hopefully - some good questions.

Yes I
  • bgonzalez_2016
    Options

Make sense?

I'm 5'2 34 years old been on 1200 calories for 2 weeks now was doing 1500-2500 calories before I went to 1200 .... So I need to increase my exercise time every week or every day?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi guys maybe you guys can help me out ... I cut my calorie intake from 1500 to 1200, completely cut out soda and red meat (except for seafood and chicken) Eating 3 servings of veggies daily, staying under 135 carbs a day, doing 35-45 minutes of HIIT everyday 5x a week, and only managed to lose 3 lbs in 2 weeks

only? this isn't biggest loser, what were you expecting?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Not everyone has a big drop the first week. I never did. And if you did it would be mostly water anyway. Whatever you read seems to have set you up for disappointment. But you shouldn't be disappointed. You're right on track.

Try not to overcomplicate things, though. You don't have to cut out foods or drinks that you love, unless you have trouble moderating them and getting a balanced diet.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    natasor1 wrote: »
    You'd better eat meat, rother than bread

No.
    Nothing wrong with bread. Where do you get your information from? I see a lot of false broscience and woo posted by you, which you've necer backed up with reputable sources when asked to do so.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options

Make sense?

I'm 5'2 34 years old been on 1200 calories for 2 weeks now was doing 1500-2500 calories before I went to 1200 .... So I need to increase my exercise time every week or every day?

I'm not the person who posted this, but I suspect the message you might take from it is to consider increasing your calories up from 1200 so you don't get into a situation where you have damaged your body and have to keep increasing the exercise to maintain losses.
  • gmath1976
    gmath1976 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi
    With the amount of training you are doing you should consume around 1800-1900 kcal pr day. Do not reduce the kcal to much because it will have the opposite effect. Focus on whole healthy nutrient dense foods and lots of veggies and water. When your weight start to stagnate, than recalculate your calorie intake.