Short and sweet - 5'4 / 186lbs with a goal weight of 140

Options
Hello! First, thanks for taking the time to read my post...I'm new here and actually, fairly new to message boards in general, so trying to get in the groove of things. As the title would suggest, I'm fairly short, but I've got big goals, and I would love to make some friends that are like-minded. Accountability is an issue for me, as I don't have anyone in my life that is interested in getting healthier at this time, so this is a solo journey for me. I have had several previous attempts and failures at losing weight and getting into a healthier lifestyle. I topped out about a year ago at 205lbs and have been taking 3 steps forward/2 steps back since then. This most recent attempt began 2 months ago when I found my weight back up to 196 and I decided to try a low carb lifestyle...not a diet, a complete change in the amount of carbs I eat. I cut out bread, rice, potatoes and pasta. I lost 15 pounds within a month, but got sick and lost my willpower and gained back most of that. In the past few weeks, I have started getting back into eating lower carb, though not as strictly as I feel if I go cold turkey, I'll fail again. My biggest reason for losing weight and getting healthy is my son, who turned 3 this week and is getting more and more active. I want to be a part of the activities and not watching on the side lines! If you can relate, we should be friends!

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    First off welcome! I have similar stats to you at the beginning and would love to be friends and encourge each other along the way. I'll send a friend request. :smile:
  • healthydanni
    healthydanni Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! We are nearly identical:) I would love another friend
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Your stats are very similar to mine...high weight was 203.5...currently 171.5 and 5'4" I am doing it this time! Feel free to add me!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    My highest was 210lbs on my own and 227lbs in pregnancy.

I'm now down to 166lbs (lowest was 164lbs a few weeks ago) and my goal is to be in the 130s.

I'm 5'3.5" tall.

Add me if you like!
  • Littlemrsmoffitt
    Options
    Ditto, my reasons for getting fit are much like yours my kids come first. But I do also want it for me. I know how much better mentally, emotion and physically I am when I am working towards my goals. I am 5'4 and almost 170 now and my ultimate goal is between 137 and 143 but I set a shorter term goal of 150 by Christmas. Add me
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have similar issues. Sent friend request.
  • BernsGyrl
    BernsGyrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, sw 176, cw 166.2, gw 125. 10 years ago I was 117. That's too thin and now I am over 50 I don't think I will see that size again, sigh. But I can be healthier than I am now, lol.
  • dolezalovaeli
    dolezalovaeli Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have very similar goals! 5'4 and 177lbs currently, I'd like to get to 135-140ish. Like you, I'm mostly alone on my journey. I sent a friend request!
  • melsoliz04
    melsoliz04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Similar here 3 children and 1 Infant. 5,2 and 213lb my goal is to be at135-140 sending friend request
  • idlydosa
    idlydosa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am interested. Similar goals I am 5' 4". Looking to lose 30 lbs.
  • Zenlady46
    Zenlady46 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a short lady myself 5"3 my weight fluctuates up and down,but I keep fighting. Would love too have you as a new friend. So feel free too add me or if anyone else would like to,please do so