Need Help regarding weightloss

Options
Ranger_A
Ranger_A Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
So I have been dieting and go to the gym regularly, in the past 3 weeks i have lost about 5 kgs, the only thing missing from my routine is cardiovascular excercises(running,cycling, warm-up etc) so I need advice about that, should I do cardio more and less weights or just keep going the way it is and lose weight that way..

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    5 kilos in 3 weeks may be a very good result, it can be mostly water weight, or it could be too much. You lose weight by consistently eating less than you burn, and eating less takes up the bulk of most people's weightloss. Others can hopefully help you with exercise.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, both cardio and weight training are important. I suppose your preference may determine the frequency you do them. Some people lift 2-3 times a week or more. Some people hate lifting and don't. Some people do cardio 5+ days a week, and some don't do any because they don't like it or don't have time. I think you should build your workout routine to your liking. But the heart is a muscle, too, and cardio can keep it strong. Cardio also helps your lung capacity.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It would depend what your end goal is.

• Ranger_A
    Options
    My weight was 86.45 about 3-4 weeks ago. It's currently 81.24 and my goal is 70-71 kg
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i think both are important if you want to be healthy...my work out now consists of 45 mins cardio -treadmill, cycling and cross trainer and he about another 45 mins of weight lifting
    i think whats good about the cross trainer is that it is strengthening aswell as cardio and if i'm stiff after a workout it always seems to loosen me up again
    and stretches before and after will help prevent injury and that general aching
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    For optimal health both cardio and strength training are important - set your routine to match your fitness and strength goals and enjoyment preferences, not weight loss goals.

You do realise you are supposed to be eating back exercise calories if you set your calorie goal on here?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Ranger_A wrote: »
    My weight was 86.45 about 3-4 weeks ago. It's currently 81.24 and my goal is 70-71 kg

Not your weight goal, what do you want to look like? Or what do you want to achieve fitness wise?

My goal is to run a Marathon, don't know if my body can do it but I'm aiming for that as my goal.

To do that I need to do more cardio than strength training.

Decide what your goal is then people can help you choose the best plans to help you reach it.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Do the exercises you like and will stick with! I don't like cardio, so I rarely do it. If I told myself I needed to do cardio to lose weight, I'd fall off the wagon.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Do the exercises you like and will stick with! I don't like cardio, so I rarely do it. If I told myself I needed to do cardio to lose weight, I'd fall off the wagon.

absolutely this, i do the treadmill but i DO NOT run as i hate running!
  • Ranger_A
    edited September 2017
    Options

Same