Anyone trying to lose weight with a chronic illness?

Options
2»

Replies

• ColwellCat
    ColwellCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have POTS and complex dysautonomia. It's a wicked circle, because exercise is one of the most effective treatments for my condition, but when I'm very sick, exercise is the last thing I feel I'm up to doing. And so it snowballs. But I'm trying.
  • kateemmett12
    kateemmett12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have ME (/CFS) and fibromyalgia. Sadly I'm about 70% bedbound. I only make it out for medical appointments and a rare meal or cinema with my husband.

I used to be fit and exercise a lot. I've always had quite a healthy, vegetarian diet but going from working full time plus lots of exercise to mostly bedbound gained me 3 stone! ☹

It's hard to reduce calories enough to lose weight without much movement so I'm going the slow and steady route (goal half a lb per week). I know if I set too low a calorie goal, I'll just be hungry and fed up! Anyway hi everyone!! How are you all getting on? Xx
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yes, hi, finally some other people! I have chronic pain issues and chronic fatigue. It's been pretty manageable during the summer but now it's getting worse again. I've been trying to get some moderate/light workouts done because I love exercise and I do wish to get some muscles back. Please add me so I won't feel bad talking about my health on my status
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oh wait. I forgot depression and insomnia. And that there are more things but not yet a proper diagnosis. Fingers crossed for next weeks appointment
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    archcurl - able to use a pool? talk about your health all you want, let it out.. better than eating the feelings