Calorie Decifit

Options
Okay so I'm around 6 foot and 95.7kg male is 1800 calories about right for a deficit? Thanks in advance

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Try it for a month and see. No way for us to answer that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Did you put your stats and whatnot into MFP...it will calculate your deficit.

1800 would most definitely be a deficit for you...whether it's appropriate or not, can't really say. I'm 5'10" and I lose weight pretty steadily on 2300ish calories.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Did you put your stats and whatnot into MFP...it will calculate your deficit.

1800 would most definitely be a deficit for you...whether it's appropriate or not, can't really say. I'm 5'10" and I lose weight pretty steadily on 2300ish calories.

Same for me.. when i was doing 1800, it was too aggressive and always made me tired.
  • danialshamim
    danialshamim Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 135 kgs and currently taking only 1400 calories daily with 2 cheat meals a week of 1100 calories or so. Due to some medical issues i cant exercise so live a pretty sedentary life style. I think with your weight 1800 sounds about right if ur not under the gun like i am to lose weight.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My partner is on 1800 as he needs to lose some for a fight, he is finding it hard in terms of energy. Whether it's right or not you need to take note of your energy levels etc, it can come down to exercise and it's intensity etc as the calorie estimates on exercise are variable.