new and need help

Options
I am trying to lose weight but am not "Good at doing long exercise i can only last like 20 minutes" Because of breathing problems. Im not sure what i can do to lose More weight? I want to lose like 70 pounds.. What should i do?

Replies

• Oneproudmommy
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight but am not "Good at doing long exercise i can only last like 20 minutes" Because of breathing problems. Im not sure what i can do to lose More weight? I want to lose like 70 pounds.. What should i do?
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Do what you feel comfortable with, and log all your food entries, staying within your calorie allotment, and you will still lose the weight! Best to everyone!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Are your breathing problems because of a medical issue? It may just be because your not used to working out so keep working at it and you will get better, you'll notice that you will breathe much easier the more that you do it. If it is a medical problem you can still lose weight just stay in your calories and eat clean, GOOD LUCK!

~Leash
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hey 20 minutes is by far better than none, take it slowly, your breathing problem will get better.
    From a personal view, I couldn't breath properly when I started out in September, after 10-15 mins I'd wheeze like anything, but now I can do 45-60 minutes before I notice a struggle.

Don't let it dishearten you hun, you'll be ok, one day at a time, take it easy and enjoy your new lifestyle :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Try doing 20 minutes a couple times a day. Maybe once in the AM, then again in the evening. Or you could even break it up in to two 15 minute sessions a day. At any rate, aim for at least 1/2 hour of exercise each day. After a while, if you can make it longer.. great.. if not just stick to it cuz any exercise is better than none at all.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Starrotts
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i get how u feel i am asthmatic and right now cannot exercise much which makes losing haeder but i have lost 7 pounds so u can still do it good luck............:blushing:
  • candiandi
    Options
    Start with the 20 minutes that you can do ... and then after a week / two weeks force yourself to do 30 minutes and then in a couple more weeks bump it up to 40-45 and so on so forth ...
  • MattySparky
    Options
    remember that losing weight effectively comes from a combination of BOTH excercise and eating properly and healthy. Dont put all of the pressure on working out and excercise. While it is important to excercise, it is equally if not more important to make sure that you are eating the right kinds of foods at the proper time of day and you are staying under your calories. Water is a very important part of both the food and excercise aspect of getting in shape and losing weight as well.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to MFP. You will absoultly love this site, if you don't already. I love it here. Everyone is so helpful, supportive and nice. I find that this site is a big motivational tool. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • Oneproudmommy
    Options
    i am also asthmatic, From Smoking. I quit and still have the problems i even cant breath,When i Go up the stairs. I Am Hoping That when i lose More weight that it will Go away..But i Have Been Doing Really Good at eating and working out.My fiance Also has been teaching me kick Boxing.
  • lashannonb
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that you are having breathing trouble. But kudos to you for at least taking the initiative to begin the process of trying to get fit, and it sounds like your fiancé is great support. I have a few Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds DVD's and they are GREAT! You can modify the steps to fit your level of intensity, might be a good fit for you. A friend of mine told me that she recently purchased the 3 mile DVD at Wal-Mart and it comes along with some kinda bonus item! Well the best of luck and God Bless!!!
  • Oneproudmommy
    Options
    :smile: thank you for all the Help. I know that im Going to try to do whatever i can to lose the weight.