Guess the Calories

Options

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @OP: Chili's has a Cajun chicken pasta. 1200 calories.

I'm skeptical about the 2 cups of pasta. Did you eat the entire entrée or did you take half home?

ETA: Just realized that I'm several days too late....
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »

I'm skeptical about the 2 cups of pasta. Did you eat the entire entrée or did you take half home?

Oh no... I had all of it.

When something like that happens my friends and I say "I had a fat down tonight." or "I went full fat down"

Meaning there was nothing redeemable except the flavor from the meal.
  • tmoneyag99
    Options
    robm1brown wrote: »
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »

Are you looking for an estimation of the Pizza and the takeaway cartons? What was in the 2nd carton?

This, I got the alcohol pretty accurately throughout (as best as you can in these circumstances).

This game wouldn't be at all fun (read: pointless guesswork) if I knew what was in the takeaway boxes my friend.

LOL, just go ahead and log 2k calories and go eat some leaves. :smiley: a la the Hungry Caterpillar
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »

Oh no... I had all of it.

When something like that happens my friends and I say "I had a fat down tonight." or "I went full fat down"

Meaning there was nothing redeemable except the flavor from the meal.

Haha! My boyfriend and I call it "having a good time" or "living my life"!

I would suggest that you underestimated the number of cups in the entrée but also: WHO CARES? Have a good time and get back on that wagon!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Homemade cake - multi level sponge alternated with sugar high icing

1.5 thick by 4"x5"
  • tmoneyag99
    Options
    @Bob314159 I would say at least 350 for that one.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I had a good one from the other day and I struggled to compute it. Breakfast skillet. Fried hash browns with bacon, onions and peppers, sausage gravy, and topped with two over easy eggs. Two coffees with four flavored creamers each.
  • tmoneyag99
    Options
    @MossiO The creamers are usually about 35 calories each. So 70 calories per coffee.

Coffee 140

Eggs are 70 calories each so 140 there

Hash browns 'n bacon, I'll go about 350

Gravy - Half a cup is 140 kcal

veggies - 70

Plus I'm going to spot you a 100 calorie yummy bonus to help ensure we aren't under counting here.

so you're sitting at 940. I would go ahead and log 1,000 and be done with it.

• MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    @tmoneyag99 I logged it as 1500 total, because I figured there was a lot of oil I could easily miss. And it was a total of 8 creamers. But I'm glad to know I probably didn't underestimate. I also didn't eat again that day, so the damage wasn't too bad. Thank you!
  • rcreynol3090
    rcreynol3090 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'll have a couple of those days in the next two weeks, so stay tuned...
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Fair food:
    4 risotto mozzarella bites, about 2" diameter, breaded coating, deep fried, with 1 tsp of a creamy chipotle sauce.
    1 beaver tail (fried dough, about 8" by 4" by 1/2" thick) with cinnamon sugar, about 1 tbsp
    Quesadilla with shredded beef, 10" tortilla folded over, ate 3/4
    1 355 ml can peach cider, 5% alcohol
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Abby2205 wrote: »
    Fair food:
    4 risotto mozzarella bites, about 2" diameter, breaded coating, deep fried, with 1 tsp of a creamy chipotle sauce.
    1 beaver tail (fried dough, about 8" by 4" by 1/2" thick) with cinnamon sugar, about 1 tbsp
    Quesadilla with shredded beef, 10" tortilla folded over, ate 3/4
    1 355 ml can peach cider, 5% alcohol

Risotto bites - 250 calories each, 1000 total.
    Beaver tail - 350 calories (similar to a fried donut)
    Quesadilla - assume 500 calories for the entire thing, so 375 calories for the portion you ate
    Cider - 150 calories (same as beer)

Total - 1875 calories at the fair.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Ok need help on this one:

Two slices of restaurant pizza - one as a meat lovers, one Greek style.
    My two slices were 1/4 of a 20" pizza.
    Not a very thick crust pizza .
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,633 Member
    Options
    jelleigh wrote: »

I would say about 900 for both. The meat a few more than the Greek. Depending on how "meaty/greasy/overflowing/thick crust/generous" they were I might tilt that +/- 50 to 100
  • ranmalih
    ranmalih Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Can we ask about traditional food on here if we explain what it is (like Sri Lankan, Indian, Vietnamese, Greek etc)?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,633 Member
    Options
    144g of (relatively heavy quantity of) Filo wrapped around (relatively not too much) lightly sweetened cream/custard type filling with a (relatively) small amount of simple sugar syrup drizzled on top.

Three small/medium turnover sized "pastries".

Made by a Kurdish lady.

I personally logged it as a Greek bougatsa but the filling to Filo ratio was less to more comparatively.

Ideas?
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    What about my nachos with chicken, guac, sour cream, cheese, and deep fried chips (I think) from the mexican food truck? It was the size of a large fry tray. I didn't eat all the chips but I did eat all of the ones with stuff on them! Then I ate half a bag (big bag) of freaking cotton candy. (At a fall fair). Should have taken a pic for sure.
  • DX2JX2
    Options
    jelleigh wrote: »

I'd guess 600 calories for the meat lovers (olive oil in tomato sauce adds almost as many calories as the crust). I don't know what the greek pie looked like but assuming no tomato sauce, some feta and lower calorie toppings (olives, grilled chicken), I'd assume 350 calories for that one.

900 is a reasonable estimate, maybe make it a nice round 1000 to be on the safe side..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Side note, how cool would it be if MFP treated calories cumulatively over a week's time.

it does...
  • DX2JX2
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    What about my nachos with chicken, guac, sour cream, cheese, and deep fried chips (I think) from the mexican food truck? It was the size of a large fry tray. I didn't eat all the chips but I did eat all of the ones with stuff on them! Then I ate half a bag (big bag) of freaking cotton candy. (At a fall fair). Should have taken a pic for sure.

Let's assume that you got 4 ounces of chips (about 1/4 of a big bag) but only ate 3. That's about 400 calories. We'll assume that you got a quarter cup each of sour cream (180 calories) and guac (100 calories). And 3 ounces of grilled chicken breast (150 calories).

~850 calories for the nachos.

Good news about cotton candy is that its almost all air. Call that 150 calories and be done with it.

1000 calories goes to the fair.