Cooked meat.

Options
Does anyone know any restaurant or any place in the continental U.S. that has types of meat like chicken, pork, beef, salmon or tuna where without any doubt that their meat that they use to cook is unprocessed meat, the meat a person would find at the grocery store meat selection that has no added salt, smokeflavoring or nitrates/celery to the meat b4 cooking the meat for the dish/entree that the meat ends in up as cooked?

Replies

• gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You will have to find a private or locally owned place. All of your chain places buy in bulk. It's actually unfortunate that a lot of state put very very strict regulations on where they get their meat from. If you lived in Washington State I could recommend a few places that sell fresh sea food without a menu because it depends on what they caught that day.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Unless you're eating at some pretty crappy restaurants, the meat will be as good, if not better, than supermarket meat.

It will generally be seasoned with salt and pepper before cooking, unless you ask for it not to be (if you're ordering meat cooked to order, that is).
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    There is a local restaurant not too far from where I live that only uses locally raised meats and local produce in season. It's in a pretty small town. I imagine if you look around for locally owned restaurants you could find one similar in your area.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Is it okay if they pound their meat or would that be considered processed?

If you want to get that technical, you can consider hacking it off the cow/pig/chicken carcass "processing".
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    @knightride48 there are many places like this farm to table or even locally owned. I would suggest calling the restaurant you would like to eat at before you go and ask the chef these questions. They will probably be more expensive then going to an Applebees or Longhorn. @JenHuedy I was thinking the same thing lol.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    What is your concern about the meat? Why "any restaurant in the continental US"? Chain restaurants are probably not going to satisfy your criteria.

Your best option is to look for a "farm to table" type place near you and ask them your question about how they handle their meat.

Because I want to avoid cancer,

If you violated all of those things your risk of cancer might increase from 5% to 5.01%. The math looks scary when they tell you a percentage of increased risk, but when you actually apply the math it's not even a notable rise.