beginner :)

Options
Hey guys, I have just started on trying to gain weight and need a little help, I stay and work in a hotel, i have no facilities to cook but i do get fed 3 times a day, breakfast is usually a variety of cereals as much as you want, lunch is homemade soup and and big sandwich, and dinner is usually a good mix of protein, carbs and veg good size as well, my question is would that be enough as well as a good protein shake 2 times a day for my weight gain, and if so what wouod be the best protein shake for me? Have done a bit of research theres judt so many out there! Thanks guys look forward to your reply.

Replies

• heveliusz
    heveliusz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is many factors that you need to establish first. You need to find your proper daily calorie intake based on activity level. Once that's done you will increase the calories and watch your weight. Shakes are great to replace your meal if you can't get real food to hit your daily levels. As for the best ones? Don't go too crazy, try to find the "clean" and somehow tasty one. That's my opinion.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have to eat more if you want to gain weight. If you can eat as much as you want for your meals, those meals should be enough. But your idea of a big sandwich and good size dinner might also turn out to not be very much food. You may need at least one, maybe two snacks, in addition to those meals. You can eat anything, but you need to eat more, consistently, to get the desired effect, so it's smart to eat something you like. Unless you like protein shakes, skip that idea, and just focus on eating more food. You will get there.
  • nmcguire88
    nmcguire88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys really helpful, my intake at the moment is around 3000 kcal a day, but have always struggled to gain weight but yet again I haven't always been consistent, so working and living here have now given me that opportunity. Thanks again the help is always appreciated :)