Juicing

Options
Has anyone here tried a juicing fast? If so, can you message me and let me know how it went. Thanks very much

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    @bethanyedge97 I guess the answer would depend on why you are wanting to do a juice fast to lose a quick few pounds for a get away, or do you think this will "jump start" your long term weight loss. If it is just for a quick few pounds for a get away you can lose some weight but you will be miserable only drinking juice for x amount of days and then gain it back when you eat normally so that is up to you.
    If you are wanting log term weight loss you should just eat less calories a day and lose 1-2lbs a week this will help you learn how to control portions and set you up for sustainable loss.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Juicing fasts are good to kick start a weight loss regime, but in the long run they can really mess with hormones and metabolism. If you are dead set on doing one, just do it for 3-5 days.

JUST NO. There is no such thing as a diet "kick start". Your body doesn't need cleansed, unless your kidneys and liver have shut down (and if that's the case see a doctor, because you are dying). Just eat less and move more. That's it. It's REALLY EASY. Why make it complicated?
  • bethanyedge97
    bethanyedge97 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your inputs guys!
  • bethanyedge97
    bethanyedge97 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat normal food and learn how to eat a healthy balanced diet? Juicing fasts, lose you water weight, you will put it straight back on as soon as you eat properly.

Fyi I have, thanks.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I watched a documentary on it, and it seemed well for some of the people that did it. Hence why I'm intrigued! A lot of negative feedback on it from first hand experience. Thanks for sharing your opinions and stories! I think I'll just stick to my balanced diet and exercise

I watched "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead" and while I did find it inspirational, I have juiced in the past and knew it wasn't for me due to the lack of fiber, fat, and protein. And all that straight sugar gave me instant headaches, and it wasn't the least bit filling.

I found their smoothie recipes, and adapted one into the following balanced meal, which keeps me full for hours:

fbdf7d14a46ff428d0688a1f23d87680.png
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I watched a documentary on it, and it seemed well for some of the people that did it. Hence why I'm intrigued! A lot of negative feedback on it from first hand experience. Thanks for sharing your opinions and stories! I think I'll just stick to my balanced diet and exercise

You mean you watched an infomercial for juicing machines and associated products disguised as an documentary. And if you watch the 2nd movie they all got fat again and have to juice again and buy more of his products and they repeat this cycle over and over and over. (Assuming you watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead)
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I have been using juice fasts for weight loss and have found them beneficial in ways that go beyond weight loss. I started juicing in January, 2016 and have lost 120 pounds. I own an Omega upright masticating juicer and make all my own juice--a green juice that is organic vegetables and an apple. I have juiced on and off, with my longest being 124 days of straight juice. During my fasts, I am never hungry, have more energy than I have since I was a child, and my skin and my mind are clear. I planned to do a short fast to start a weight loss regime (I still have a ways to go...), but found it so satisfactory that I plan to use it until I reach my goal. I have Hashimotos and have a really hard time losing weight, and am so pleased to find something that works for me! I maintain fine while eating (save 5-10 pounds when I start eating since juicing really clears out your intestines!) I am starting again this week and plan to go 30-60 days.

That sounds dangerous. Your body also needs fats and proteins to function - are you including some in your juices?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Testosterone is great apparently...................

Oh wait, wrong kind of juicing. Carry on!
  • BeachBaby_81
    BeachBaby_81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good for a quick hit of sugars and nutrients with zero fibre but that's about it.