Journey To 50lbs....

Options
RufflesMcGee
RufflesMcGee Posts: 7 Member
edited September 2017 in Motivation and Support
Let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm Kelly. I'm 26 yrs old. 5'5" and 257.6lbs. I'm on a journey to lose 50lbs and to have a complete lifestyle change just by changing some of my eating and exercise habits little by little. My ultimate goal is to lose 50lbs by Christmas. I know that's a little too ambitious but even if I could half of that by Christmas I would be happy. I'm looking for a support team if anyone wants to join. I think this would be fun. So if you would like to join add me and introduce yourselves and where you are starting at.

SW: 257.6
CW: 257.6
GW: 207.6

Replies

• shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly, congrats on the decision to get started! Changing your lifestyle can be a struggle, especially in the beginning, but you will feel amazing once the pounds start coming off. My weight has been up and down quite a bit over the last ten years, but I started this past May at 242 lbs. I'm currently at 214.6 and hoping to lose another 40 lbs.

MFP is a great place to find support and inspiration, I hope it works for you. Good luck!
  • jenjen3713
    jenjen3713 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kelly on starting your weigh loss journey. Making small changes to your eating habits and working out is a great way to started. You will have good days and bad days when losing weigh but no matter what... Don't give up! Keep reminding yourself why you started. MFP is a great tool to help you get on the right track and give you the support as well as motivation to keep going. Wishing you the best on your weigh loss journey.
  • KeepOnMovjng
    KeepOnMovjng Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just added you and good luck. I'm at 218lb at the moment after starting at
    238lb and just getting back into the mindset after losing it for 2 weeks. I'm looking to lose 71lb overall now but any thing towards that will be nice.
  • jadebugs
    jadebugs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started in August., and like you I am taking it little by little. If not I will overwhelmed and more likely to stop.
    Sw 265
    Cw 251
    Gw 200
    After 200 I will revaluate my goals . But 200 would be a dream!....well maybe 199.
  • RufflesMcGee
    RufflesMcGee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jadebugs wrote: »
    I just started in August., and like you I am taking it little by little. If not I will overwhelmed and more likely to stop.
    Sw 265
    Cw 251
    Gw 200
    After 200 I will revaluate my goals . But 200 would be a dream!....well maybe 199.

That's what I was thinking once I get to 200. Usually when I start a diet it like go big or go home. It's just too much at once.
  • jenjen3713
    jenjen3713 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for adding me. I also wanted to say that I completely know what you all mean. When I first started I weighed 220lbs and was so completely unhappy and disappointed in myself. (Even more when you see doctors saying that a woman who is 5'4 is suppose to be 130lbs did not help.) I made small changes in my eating habits and working out more. Now I am 174lbs and I am happy to be in my own skin. My goal was to weigh 175lbs but now I figure... I came this far why not go further. My goal weigh is 145lbs.

I wish everyone on MFP the best on their weigh loss journey. At times it is not going to be easy but it is was ... everyone would be a size zero. Which we all know is not ideal. I am glad that there is a great community on here to reach out and chat with people to help one another and give motivation to continue on.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started my weight loss journey in 2014, but gave up after I hit a plateau. Started back this August. I'm almost 4 weeks in and have lost 11 lbs so far.

Heaviest weight in 2014: 237
    SW in 2017: 213.5
    CW: 202.1
    Christmas weight goal: 188
    GW: 175

I workout 4x week and my diary is open. Feel free to add me as a friend for support, motivations, tips, etc.
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    It sounds like we have a very similar frame of mind in regards to weight loss.

SW - 233
    CW - 223.9
    GW - 175 to start with would be amazing! I just want to be able to by normal clothes and not plus size so end figure doesnt matter too much to me.

Feel free to add me im on here posting daily :smiley: