Training and Gaining Weight

Options
I have been actively training for 12 weeks with an experienced professional, whom I love. I've made great strides, each week we increase my weights so that I'm challenged. I weigh and measure myself weekly, 18.75in lost, down a whole clothing size but the scale has barely budged. This week I actually gained a pound and 1.5in. I eat clean, log and use fitbit, however I don't always eat enough. My trainer says trust the process and we increased weights considerably last week, who knew I was so strong

Replies

• MJH2
    MJH2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Looks like my question got cut off. How do I trust the process when I'm failing at loosing weight?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Don't just "eat clean and log". Log and weigh all your food. If you're REALLY doing it right, what's not to trust?

My measurements go up after some workouts because I get a pump. I can leave the gym with my glutes a half inch bigger after a big glute/leg day.
  • MJH2
    Options
    That's exactly where I gained it, my butt and thighs.

I weigh everything, I've already lost over 100lbs. The increased training is new for me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    How far away are you from your goal weight?

You've lost a clothing size, so something is working! That's 15-20 pounds for me.

Notice how she looks better at 18 pounds heavier:

2ofc7gyrzqud.jpg
  • MJH2
    Options
    I have another 100lbs to go. I look better, feel better, it's just so frustrating.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    MJH2 wrote: »
    I have another 100lbs to go. I look better, feel better, it's just so frustrating.

That's the important thing! Hang in there!