PATLD Challenge: Week 1

Options
Hey everyone! Our first week is completed of our Plugging Away 'til Labor Day Challenge - how did everyone do? Let's check in & celebrate! I'm down 2.2 lbs. this week and completed 6.5 miles. Hoping to step it up more this week... during the week, I did ok, but slacked on exercising over the weekend.

Replies

• nisaacs51306
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs and walked a total of 10 miles. was hoping to get more miles in but I over worked myself the one day and it took 2 days for my body to recover will try to take it a little easier this week on the extra workouts and focus more on my walking!
  • maddielu
    maddielu Posts: 12
    Options
    i lost 5 pounds and did 25 miles! this was really my first week back on track which is what explains such a large weight loss. hoping to keep up a more moderate weight loss but i feel good about the mileage!
  • elana1987
    elana1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness - congrats, you two!!! That is AWESOME!! Keep up the amazing work!!!
  • sock_17
    sock_17 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well my scale said that I didn't lose any weight this week but I think it's just because of the weekend. I think that by the middle of the week I'll be showing a loss. Hopefully next Monday I'll have a loss to report! I only did 5.5 miles so I'm sure that has a lot to do with why my scale didn't move. On a positive note, I woke up and did 1.5 miles before work! That's a pretty big deal for me. I've always wanted to be one of those people who exercise in the morning!!
    ~ Jamie
  • iabgn1957
    iabgn1957 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I slacked all week, didn't exercise, didn't watch what I ate, BUT I didn't gain anything. Starting all over today. Keep me accountable!
    Please.
  • nisaacs51306
    Options
    SOCK_ 17 great job at getting right up in the morning and exercising!! I am one of those people that it takes a while then I am like well I have to do it so better gt started and thats like at noon. LOL so great job at starting your morning with exercise they says it give you energy to get through the day!! Kudos!!!
  • elana1987
    Options
    Jamie, congrats on the 5.5 miles!! That is a great accomplishment. :) iabgn - welcome back.. so happy to hear you didn't gain anything (you must have been doing SOMETHING right!) - we are all here to keep you on the wagon! Thank you all for checking in so far! :-D
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All! Happy 1st day of August! :) I am down 2 pounds this morning and completed 38.6 miles so far. Sounds like everyone has positive news to report. Good for all of us!! :bigsmile:
  • lmarshel
    Options
    Well my scale said that I didn't lose any weight this week but I think it's just because of the weekend. I think that by the middle of the week I'll be showing a loss. Hopefully next Monday I'll have a loss to report! I only did 5.5 miles so I'm sure that has a lot to do with why my scale didn't move. On a positive note, I woke up and did 1.5 miles before work! That's a pretty big deal for me. I've always wanted to be one of those people who exercise in the morning!!
    ~ Jamie

Congrats to you, Jamie! It's a tough habit to start, but I guarantee if you get used to it you'll be addicted to exercise in the morning.
  • elana1987
    Options
    Yay, congrats!! That is wonderful!!!
  • sock_17
    sock_17 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm just blown away by all of the miles you guys got in. So Awesome!!
    ~ Jamie
  • elana1987
    Options
    So as an update.... for those of us who have checked in already, we have lost a total of 14 pounds!!! That's the size of a HUGE bowling ball! Awesome job, everyone! And as far as miles go... we have walked a cumulative 47 miles! Keep up the great work, and if anyone else hasn't checked in yet, please feel free to do so! :happy:
  • iabgn1957
    iabgn1957 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed since early last week and was shocked this morning to discover that I had actually LOST 4 lbs. I'm at my goal weight now but I still need to do some "rearranging". Only did about a half of a mile on the treadmill last night but got in some aerobics and arm weights!
  • elana1987
    Options
    That is great!!! :) We will add you into the totals - congrats!
  • lmarshel
    Options
    So as an update.... for those of us who have checked in already, we have lost a total of 14 pounds!!! That's the size of a HUGE bowling ball! Awesome job, everyone! And as far as miles go... we have walked a cumulative 47 miles! Keep up the great work, and if anyone else hasn't checked in yet, please feel free to do so! :happy:

Actually, we've walked a cumulative 85 miles. I think you didn't add in my 38.6 miles. :)
  • elana1987
    Options
    ! You're right!! I'll add that in right now - I also don't have your wt. loss total for the week.... hmm, I must have missed that! :)
  • lmarshel
    Options
    ! You're right!! I'll add that in right now - I also don't have your wt. loss total for the week.... hmm, I must have missed that! :)

Sorry, Elana. It was 2 pounds for last week. :D
  • elana1987
    Options
    Great, thanks!!