Can't loose weight even with diet and exercise!

Options
Hello I have been trying to lose weight for about two years already I managed to lose about 1 to 3 pounds and then stay the same. I don't eat fatty meats basically chicken breast salads A lot of vegetables beans. I hardly ever eat out and I exercise one hour three days a week. I don't understand why I cannot lose some weight can anyone help?

Replies

• mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    As others have said:

First get your MFP account set up properly, including your activity level. Ignore "deliberate" exercise in this - just because you exercise 3 times a week does not make you active, it depends what your job/daily life entails! So if you have a desk job, set it to sedentary. Then stick to the daily calorie limit.

Next, buy a food scale - never ever measure in cups, handfuls, "average portion", or you cannot be sure of your calories.

Finally, be honest when estimating your exercise calorie burn - being tired after a walk doesn't necessarily mean you were walking very briskly!

Come back to us in a month if you are tracking accurately and still not losing weight :)
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    anahdz2013 wrote: »
    Hello I have been trying to lose weight for about two years already I managed to lose about 1 to 3 pounds and then stay the same. I don't eat fatty meats basically chicken breast salads A lot of vegetables beans. I hardly ever eat out and I exercise one hour three days a week. I don't understand why I cannot lose some weight can anyone help?
    Hi, I think the advice you're given here to count calories is excellent, by tracking every morsel you eat or drink - if it is calorific - you will lose weight. The best exercise is to push your chair away from the table. It is very hard I know but with MFP works. :)
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, so I quit the gym, ate less and lost 6 lbs per month until I got to my goal weight.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you're new to myfitnesspal?? Give it a try for a few weeks. (Using mfp that is, its a calorie counting tool) you will see.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    OP has left the building!