Cardio trainer for Android

Options
Okay...so I downloaded Cardio trainer onto my phone and wanted to check out how it compared to MFP. I "speed-walked" around the inside of my house (with the kids following me and giggling hysterically) for 6 minutes. At this point my son had a good hold on my shirt and was trying to drag me backwards so I thought it would be a good time to stop. Conclusion: Calories burned were the same between MFP and CT. CT told me how many miles I walked (well in this case it was 10th's of miles) and how many steps I took! Very cool app! It was really fun to be able to do this in my house and WATCH the numbers increase. Love it!

Replies

• superflashphoto
    superflashphoto Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good to know! My bf has an android phone and he's been looking for a good app for training! I will let him know about this one.
    Do you have any recommendations for a couch to 5k app as well?
  • tangerine202
    Options
    Downloading this right now, cant wait to try it!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i loved using this app when i went running (for distance mostly)... sad they don't have it for iphone.
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    I've been using Cardio Trainer for a while now. I like the music integration.
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Very cool! I would love to have it do the HRM, but I'd have to buy a new one - the Polar blutooth - for $80... ouch!
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    Very cool! I would love to have it do the HRM, but I'd have to buy a new one - the Polar blutooth - for $80... ouch!

From what I've read you are better off without it. Many complaints that it doesn't work very well.