Options
2»

Replies

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    natasor1 wrote: »
    No.
    Nothing wrong with bread. Where do you get your information from? I see a lot of false broscience and woo posted by you, which you've necer backed up with reputable sources when asked to do so.
    Yes, I take info from out of the USA trainers and dietitians. I am sure it;s not a big criminal. I linked the videos, but not many people can translate. Broscience...???
    The other thing, most of women can not process carbs as good as men. Therefore, proteins are better for women in many aspects, than just simple carbs=bread. I am sure, you don't think that I am oppose all carbs. Veggies, fruits and some grains are good, but amounts have to be under constant control.
    If people just repeat the same things again and again without helping other, who has asked about help. Why not to try something new? when the rest of your idies allredy failed?

Huh?? The OP is not failing. She lost weight. Which means she's doing exactly as she intended.

And since when do women and men process macros differently. Please post your references.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Hi guys maybe you guys can help me out ... I cut my calorie intake from 1500 to 1200, completely cut out soda and red meat (except for seafood and chicken) Eating 3 servings of veggies daily, staying under 135 carbs a day, doing 35-45 minutes of HIIT everyday 5x a week, and only managed to lose 3 lbs in 2 weeks
    Orphia wrote: »
    Only? That's great progress - maybe you should have more realistic expectations. How much did you think you should lose in only 2 weeks?

I was reading in an article on Live strong that the first week you should see a significantly weight loss 3-5 lbs since it's the first week and every week after that should be between 1 to 2 pounds a week...I guess I had high expectations lol

You should only lose 2 lbs a week if you're over 200 lbs.

How much do you have to lose?

I want to lose 40 lbs I'm at 185 and want to get to 145

You have been losing at a nice rate. :)

This way, you're not eating too much or too little.

You should be able to stick to your deficit long enough to reach goal. You don't want to crash and burn! :smile:

• BeachBaby_81
    BeachBaby_81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty good loss.. Be careful at only 1200 calories, as you may plateau if not eating enough calories

A "plateau" is generally caused by complacency, underestimating intake, overestimating calorie burn not from eating low calorie. You might see adaptive thermogenesis from long-term low calorie dieting but that would be still be slow weight loss, not no weight loss unless 1200 calories is very close to your TDEE.

I ate at 1200 calories for a significant amount of time while exercising quite intensely and not eating back my exercise calories. I hit a major plateau and it wasn't until I increased my calories that I started to lose weight again. Just speaking from personal experience, not science.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    natasor1 wrote: »
    No.
    Nothing wrong with bread. Where do you get your information from? I see a lot of false broscience and woo posted by you, which you've necer backed up with reputable sources when asked to do so.
    Yes, I take info from out of the USA trainers and dietitians. I am sure it;s not a big criminal. I linked the videos, but not many people can translate. Broscience...???
    The other thing, most of women can not process carbs as good as men. Therefore, proteins are better for women in many aspects, than just simple carbs=bread. I am sure, you don't think that I am oppose all carbs. Veggies, fruits and some grains are good, but amounts have to be under constant control.
    If people just repeat the same things again and again without helping other, who has asked about help. Why not to try something new? when the rest of your idies allredy failed?

ZWAaO.gif
  • Parabellum68
    Parabellum68 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat well and train you will soon lose the weight / Inches...especially doing HIIT sessions... there is no quick fix unless you pay for a plastic surgeon to do a little work...keep up the good work...1-2lb a week is a good and solid result
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far, and all of the healthy choices you are making. You will get to 145; it will take some time, but slow and steady will help you get there and STAY there, versus a speedy weight loss now but gaining it all back again.

I would give yourself some wiggle room on the calories; 1200 is our minimum as women, and as you lose weight, your TDEE will drop, and you won't have anywhere to go as far as reducing your calories to maintain the same deficit. As an example, I am currently 163, have my settings to lose 1# per week, and without exercise MFP gives me 1250 prox per day. I think when I was around 185 it gave me around 1400 per day. You want to make sure this is sustainable in the long run, and not feeling deprived will go a long way towards that. As a point of reference, I started at 230; I've dropped 44# since joining MFP by using their targets and recalculating every 15# or so. I am recalculating every 10# now that I am so close to finishing - my goal weight is also around 145, to get me into a healthy BMI.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Only? That's great progress - maybe you should have more realistic expectations. How much did you think you should lose in only 2 weeks?

I was reading in an article on Live strong that the first week you should see a significantly weight loss 3-5 lbs since it's the first week and every week after that should be between 1 to 2 pounds a week...I guess I had high expectations lol

it really doesn't work that way for everyone. I didn't lose anything at all for the first 3 weeks. If your exercise is new you are really lucky to have to lost so much so soon. For a lot of people water retention from new exercise prevents the fat loss from showing for a while.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Hi guys maybe you guys can help me out ... I cut my calorie intake from 1500 to 1200, completely cut out soda and red meat (except for seafood and chicken) Eating 3 servings of veggies daily, staying under 135 carbs a day, doing 35-45 minutes of HIIT everyday 5x a week, and only managed to lose 3 lbs in 2 weeks

You lost 3 of these...

058e349cdb6fd76d2d47a81f031d6b2a--pound-of-fat-one-pound.jpg

In the span of 2 weeks which is really good.

Weight loss is not a fast process...this isn't the Biggest Loser...this is reality, not reality t.v. Adjust your expectations to line up with reality.